TravelTalkOnline

Want to Know How Cruisers View SXM? Are you on FB?

Posted By: Bahston

Want to Know How Cruisers View SXM? Are you on FB? - 09/29/2019 05:05 AM

If you're on Facebook, check John Heald's page. He is the Brand Ambassador for Carnival Cruises, and recently posted a poll asking cruisers about their visits to "St Marteen". There are 1900 responses as I make this post.

This link should bring FB members to the post: https://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald/posts/3293882107320994

If you're not on FB, I get it, I dislike them too.
Posted By: deputydog1157

Re: Want to Know How Cruisers View SXM? Are you on FB? - 09/29/2019 05:46 PM

No politics here but I never had and still don't have facebook etc. When I was working as a law enforcement officer, I didn't want to give any info about myself and/or family to those that may want to do harm to me. Now that I have retired, I see no need for it, especially with all of the security breaches as of late.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Want to Know How Cruisers View SXM? Are you on FB? - 09/30/2019 08:29 PM

I have no personal information on Facebook but find it invaluable to stay in touch with those who don't live in my area. Case in point: I follow the blog of The Traveling Island Girl; she lives on SXM but we had never met. For the last couple of weeks, she has been in the Pacific Northwest and was posting pictures of some of our natural wonders. I posted that she was in my neighborhood. Long story short: we met for dinner Saturday night and had a lovely time. I really enjoyed meeting her. Would not have happened were it not for Facebook.
Posted By: the captain

Re: Want to Know How Cruisers View SXM? Are you on FB? - 10/03/2019 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by deputydog1157
Now that I have retired, I see no need for it, especially with all of the security breaches as of late.

I get it. But given that EQUIFAX, a major credit report player, has security breaches, FB is the least of our concerns.

That said, I maintain my FB, like Pat said, to keep in touch w Friends worldwide but dont disclose much info.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Want to Know How Cruisers View SXM? Are you on FB? - 10/03/2019 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by the captain
Originally Posted by deputydog1157
Now that I have retired, I see no need for it, especially with all of the security breaches as of late.

I get it. But given that EQUIFAX, a major credit report player, has security breaches, FB is the least of our concerns.

That said, I maintain my FB, like Pat said, to keep in touch w Friends worldwide but dont disclose much info.

I think you mean Linda/jazzgal as Pat has not commented on this thread.
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Want to Know How Cruisers View SXM? Are you on FB? - 10/04/2019 03:15 PM

I use it to keep a chronology of our trips around the world. I also have reconnected with friends from high school and college. As we all now know, there are huge issues with privacy and mining of personal data, but since I have nothing to hide, I really don't care about that part of it. Oh, and JazzGal, we will PM you the next time we are in Seattle!
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Want to Know How Cruisers View SXM? Are you on FB? - 10/04/2019 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by sxmbeachlover
Oh, and JazzGal, we will PM you the next time we are in Seattle!

Except I am in Portland, about 3 hours away. smile
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline