TravelTalkOnline

Recommendation on Massage

Posted By: Poissonfam

Recommendation on Massage - 09/29/2019 11:22 PM

Does anybody have a recommendation on where to get a massage on SXM? Has anybody had any experience with A Touch of Handz? We are looking for a place where we go for a massage rather than have someone come to our room. It's just not the same when you get a massage in your room. We used to go to Tricia over in Grand Case but she left after Irma. Thanks for the input!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 09/30/2019 12:32 AM

I have used Brian from Touch of Handz before, when he came to our room at Beachside Villas. It was wonderful. When you say it's not the same in the room, I guess it depends where your room is! smile
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 09/30/2019 02:18 AM

I would prefer it in our own room. Don't have to get up and leave. Just have him/her leave and then just relax and jell at my own place.
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 09/30/2019 01:15 PM

Fabienne that used to be on Orient all the time now offer hotel, villa, timeshare service. She also does massage on the beach at orient, but you need to check with her about when she is there.

Here are her rates: http://www.info-res.com/orientmassage/
Posted By: sxmguy2

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 09/30/2019 01:57 PM

This is not a massage note,but does anyone know of a fitness center around Orient Village?
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 09/30/2019 02:03 PM

Fabienne was great. Loved her massages. If she isn't there when you want there are massage people very good down at club orient end of beach. Cedric helped build a massage hut so you aren't right out in the open on the beach. You get the ambiance of the ocean waves.

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 09/30/2019 02:12 PM

I would suggest starting a separate thread rather than hijacking this one. You'll get a better response.
Posted By: vacanakey

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/01/2019 12:44 PM

Another vote for Fabienne...she is wonderful. I got a massage at the massage hut on OB this past May and give 5 stars to Fabienne. I believe it was 85.00 for 1 hour plus tip at the hut. As much as I enjoyed my massage, I would have a hard time paying 120.00 per hour...that is crazy. Therapists around my home charge 60.00 per hour. I understand it's St Martin...but 120.00 per hour? C'mon.....
Posted By: Kbells2

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/03/2019 07:59 PM

it has been a few years since I was there and I don't know if you want to travel to the dutch side but I have gotten a great massage at the Sonesta and also at Simpson Bay beach resort.
Posted By: tlw440

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/06/2019 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Eric_Hill
Fabienne that used to be on Orient all the time now offer hotel, villa, timeshare service. She also does massage on the beach at orient, but you need to check with her about when she is there.

Here are her rates: http://www.info-res.com/orientmassage/

Is she the Fabienne that use to be at LaPlaya? She was very good.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/06/2019 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
I have used Brian from Touch of Handz before, when he came to our room at Beachside Villas. It was wonderful. When you say it's not the same in the room, I guess it depends where your room is! smile

DId you do it on the deck outside, or inside the living room?

Any chance they can do a couples where you are at the same time?

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/06/2019 04:45 PM

Leona--it was in the living room. I know they do couples massage.

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/06/2019 04:55 PM

Leona--it was in the living room. I know they do couples massage.

Ok, thanks. Now I'm looking on their site and see a "we come to your hotel" for $85 per person and a "we come to your villa" for $110 per person. Now to figure out what BSV is classified as....lol! grin

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/06/2019 06:46 PM

Yes. What would be the difference between a villa or hotel to influence the price.
Posted By: Jim_Laraine

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/07/2019 09:37 PM

He has been reasonable with us. If you don't need the pastries, chocolate and champagne that may be the difference in packages.
Posted By: DavidC2065

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/08/2019 11:34 AM

I recall seeing a photo on Google of Cupecoy, recently, and at the top of the cliff there was a massage table. Is there massage available there? Been to Cupecoy many times and never saw that in person.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/08/2019 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by DavidC2065
I recall seeing a photo on Google of Cupecoy, recently, and at the top of the cliff there was a massage table. Is there massage available there? Been to Cupecoy many times and never saw that in person.

Had a naked couples massage on Cupecoy beach with Brian from a Touch of Handz

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/09/2019 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Uksimonusa
Originally Posted by DavidC2065

Had a naked couples massage on Cupecoy beach with Brian from a Touch of Handz

Is that a "thing"...? being nekkid?
If it is, then it's not what I'm looking for.

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/09/2019 02:49 PM

Every professional message I have ever had was sans cloths but towels or sheets used for covering certain body parts.

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/09/2019 03:08 PM

Right. Not sure what kind of massages you've had, BeachKitten, but I've always been naked!!

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/09/2019 03:15 PM

Yes. It's much easier for the masseuse without having to work around under garments.
Posted By: SXMLovers

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/09/2019 11:40 PM

We recommend and regularly get massages from Sandrine Pecot and Julia Lilingston. They will come to you, or you can go out for your massage.
Posted By: I_AM_CDN

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/10/2019 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Yes. It's much easier for the masseuse without having to work around under garments.

In our parts the regulatory bodies that certify RMT's are very strict re: proper draping and 99.999% of RMTs would not jeopardize their license with inappropriate touching, which in reality could be done clothed, naked, draped or undraped. We had RMT massages in Sept at a fancy spa just to use up our annual benefits. The form I signed had a separate signature spot for me to acknowledge that I was ok with the RMT massaging my buttocks / glutes through the sheet that covered me. No signature would have made them a "no fly" zone.

IMO though semi clothed massages are like wearing your bathing suit in a hot tub...not doing either. LOL

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/10/2019 09:20 PM

I generally keep a thong on.

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/11/2019 12:01 PM

We talked to Fabienne yesterday and she will be changing her pricing to reflect $85 on the beach and $110 at your villa or hotel.

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/11/2019 12:32 PM

We talked to Fabienne yesterday and she will be changing her pricing to reflect $85 on the beach and $110 at your villa or hotel.

That is a reasonable change and puts her back on our activity list.
Unless she was always fully booked at the higher rates (doubtful since she changed her rates) she will make it up in volume. The McDonald's of Massages.

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/11/2019 02:40 PM

When you say McDonald's of massages does that mean ordinary and low end?

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/11/2019 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
When you say McDonald's of massages does that mean ordinary and low end?

Not at all....lower price @ same quality = additional booked sessions = increased overall revenue.

Assuming she does 5 sessions a day at $120 per day she would only need 2 additional $85 sessions a day to make up most of the revenue difference. She will get us 2 one day for sure at $85ea. We will book sessions with her that we would not have booked @ $120. Our $170 is > than $0 from us

Sitting watching an empty massage table b'cus fewer folks will pay $120 is bad business. $85 is a more realistic price point and should generate more clients
Now if she is jam packed at $120 then she is wrong to reduce prices. If she has empty slots during any given day then she should be grabbing passerbys on the beach with discounted rates to maintian the revenue flow. Once an empty table hour has passed there is no recovering that lost revenue whatever rate was set.

Overtime some parts of the service industry will shift to the UBER / LYFT models = during busy times there is a price surge. If Fabienne has popular timeslots like mid afternoon, she should charge more for those times. Discount the 9AM to noon period perhaps?
Posted By: Fabienne

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/19/2019 01:04 PM

hello SXMScubaman

thanks for you re comment !!! and for the 5 stars you give me for the massage
thanks again to be coming on the island and support us and get massage by orient!!! hope to see you again!!!
on the website i was just talking about the rate for the villa and hotel
but i think that wasn't properly explained

was my mistake on the website
the price on the beach $85 per hours nothing change
the price in the villa hotel condos is $110 for 1h massage

fabienne

Re: Recommendation on Massage - 10/19/2019 01:08 PM

Fabienne--welcome!! Eric will get the prices fixed on the webpage next week.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline