TravelTalkOnline

Sort But Sweet Report

Posted By: MGA

Sort But Sweet Report - 09/30/2019 07:15 PM

Arrived Saturday 9/21 on the Winair flight from Curacao. When I arrived at 4:30pm my rental car was waiting. Within 5 minutes on my way to OOBR. Leslie your service and pre-arrival follow-up was great. As usual!

I was given the now famous R 69. A great little car and the way the lights illuminated the corners were really helpful driving the twisting curves at night.

The first two days at Club O were nice. A little breezy but nice. Maybe only 10-15 people on the beach. Tuesday and Wednesday had morning storms but after they passed, the afternoons proved to be very nice. Only a couple of people on the beach then. It was weird.

Great service from Alan who was running the show while Cedric was off-island. $13 for one chair and umbrella.

What happened to the people? I recall last year about the same time of year there were many, many more folks enjoying the beach.

Sorry, I'm not a foodie. Nothing much to report. Gourmet for me was a couple of chocolate croissants from Bread & Butter on the way to the beach in the morning or a nice causal dinner at Taco Macho. Love their arepas.

I'm looking forward to a much longer stay next February and the fight for a front row chair at Club O.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Sort But Sweet Report - 09/30/2019 07:20 PM

MGA--thanks for the report. I guess maybe a lot of people were scared off by the storms running around the Caribbean. Were you by yourself? I think I would be somewhat uncomfortable by myself, would want someone to talk to.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Sort But Sweet Report - 09/30/2019 07:23 PM

Thanks for the report.
Posted By: MGA

Re: Sort But Sweet Report - 09/30/2019 07:40 PM

Yes I was. But, at Club O its pretty easy to start up or join a conversation even if was only with the only one or two people on the beach.

I enjoy the peace though.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Sort But Sweet Report - 09/30/2019 08:13 PM

OK.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Sort But Sweet Report - 09/30/2019 09:30 PM

Hey, thanks for the report!

You had my car (that's right kim...) wink Did you take good care of the ole 69?

Taco Macho is good! Much prefer their food to 3 Amigos.
Posted By: Tammy

Re: Sort But Sweet Report - 10/01/2019 09:16 AM

I also like Taco Macho.
Food is good.
Service not so.
Posted By: Tammy

Re: Sort But Sweet Report - 10/01/2019 09:18 AM

Pineapple Pete used to have nice wings.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline