TravelTalkOnline

Would have hated to go stuck behind this

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Would have hated to go stuck behind this - 10/29/2019 04:33 PM

Daily Herald story

Any of you Beachside folks get stranded because of this? I figure it must have taken a while to resolve.
Posted By: lcote

Re: Would have hated to go stuck behind this - 10/29/2019 04:45 PM

In Boston every year in September, a truck gets stuck driving on Storrow Drive because it is overheight and trucks are not even allowed on it. It's called being Storrowed.
This is kind of the same thing but on the bottom!
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Would have hated to go stuck behind this - 10/29/2019 06:56 PM

I've been stuck on roads in St. Maarten by just about everything imaginable, but nothing like this!
Posted By: crsxm

Re: Would have hated to go stuck behind this - 10/29/2019 08:23 PM

We were going to stop at sunset beach bar on our way back yesterday and saw the mess—quickly cut through traffics at the roundabout and headed back to Divi. The traffic heading towards Sunset was backed up to the airport terminal. What a mess!
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Would have hated to go stuck behind this - 10/29/2019 09:56 PM

Yes it was terrible.
Posted By: Wingman

Re: Would have hated to go stuck behind this - 10/30/2019 11:53 AM

WOW, didn't even know that this had happened. Luckily, we all went over to Orient and La Playa for the day and missed the whole thing. We were lucky. I guess we left early enough to miss this.

Re: Would have hated to go stuck behind this - 10/30/2019 11:56 AM

Glad you didn't get stuck on the other side of that road. That would have stunk.
Posted By: MrTim-BTV

Re: Would have hated to go stuck behind this - 10/30/2019 11:58 AM

then just yesterday afternoon (Oct. 29), a cement truck died on the road, blocking one lane for over an hour, had to get pulled out. Amazing amount of car and foot traffic on that road this week!

Re: Would have hated to go stuck behind this - 10/30/2019 11:59 AM

There's always a lot of traffic there. It's the only way in to Beacon Hill and there are a lot of houses back there.
Posted By: Wingman

Re: Would have hated to go stuck behind this - 10/30/2019 01:19 PM

It's been far worse than I remember with people just hanging out in the road, even when it's not busy at Sunset. Just so stupid. It's like these people are clueless that they're in the middle of the road.
Posted By: pat

Re: Would have hated to go stuck behind this - 10/30/2019 01:28 PM

We had the same experiences in April. During one of our many trips through there going back to Beachside a guy was walking on top of the wall between the road and the sand, beer in hand and jumped down into the car lane almost directly in front of us. The guy gave him a dirty look as if to say we were in the wrong. Thank God we were creeping through there as we always do.

Re: Would have hated to go stuck behind this - 10/30/2019 02:11 PM

Wingman--There isn't much sand, if any, at Sunset at the moment, so that is part of the problem, but people just seem to get more stupid every time we go through there. I get kind of a sinking feeling in my stomach whenever there is a big crowd there, worried something will happen while we drive through.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline