TravelTalkOnline

Monday, Monday...

Posted By: fabila

Monday, Monday... - 11/05/2019 12:41 PM

Another glorious day at Beachside Villas. With multiple ships in port and thousands of cruise ship passengers descending onto major areas of the island our plans to stay on site we believe was well founded. One person in our group went to Jordan Village in the morning and on the way back he said there wasn’t an inch of sand visible between all the people near Sunset and Driftwood.

Dinner was a group get together with Drew joining us at Papala Grill for a total of 9 friends. Since we all ate steaks the night before only one ordered it tonight and his was one of the better meal. In hindsight we should have selected another restaurant so we all could have eaten steak.

The restaurant is very chic with lots of little lounge areas to relax and a main dining room towards the back with a big Arabian tent above. It’s the best way I can describe the tent which I believe is fairly close to accurate. The owner and staff were very engaging showing us around before we sat, explaining what happen after Irma, etc. Our waitress was cheerful and helpful with menu and drink suggestions. They had fans surround the dining area which helped but even with a nice breeze it got hot under the tent. My cocktails was served under a dome as it was smoked. So good, cost for drink was $15.

[Linked Image]

one of several "water" areas
[Linked Image]

My salmon dish was one of the evening specials. The fish was placed on top of some very tasty roasted vegetables and a small side of au gratin potatoes. I liked mine but my husband did not. His other side was the same grilled vegetables but with Mahi Mahi which he found tasteless as did another guest. It wasn’t dry but had no flavor. Melted butter was served on the side with their fish while mine had a very thick aioli. The chicken Caesar salad looked good but you may want to ask for the dressing on the side unless you like a very heavy hand of dressing.

No dessert for us since we had Mike’s fabulous pumpkin cheesecake, key lime pie and brownies to return to.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Monday, Monday... - 11/05/2019 02:24 PM

I wanted to get to Palapa Grill this last time, but didn't make it there. The layout seems really neat. I would never make that mistake, about ordering something other than steak there. Right, Beach Kitten?? grin
Posted By: Wingman

Re: Monday, Monday... - 11/05/2019 02:31 PM

The steaks there are fantastic. The layout is like I've never seen before. It's just beautiful. The staff are so engaged with the customers it's unbelievable. It does get a little hot under the tent, but it wasn't terrible. They really do a nice job there. Carol, this must get on your list the next time, I know you'll really enjoy it.

Re: Monday, Monday... - 11/05/2019 02:37 PM

Yes, we do need to get there next time. So many restaurants, so little time!
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Monday, Monday... - 11/05/2019 06:55 PM

I am confused by this: "Since we all ate steaks the night before only one ordered it tonight and his was one of the better meal. In hindsight we should have selected another restaurant so we all could have eaten steak." If steak was one of the better meals, why should you have selected another restaurant for steak?

Re: Monday, Monday... - 11/05/2019 07:20 PM

I'm not Louise, but I think maybe she meant they should have chosen another night..
Posted By: fabila

Re: Monday, Monday... - 11/05/2019 07:43 PM

Not a huge meat eater so 2 nights in row was out of the question. Again in hindsight steaks being this restaurants fortay, we should have went elsewhere
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline