TravelTalkOnline

El Zafiro chair cost?

Posted By: PelicanPirate

El Zafiro chair cost? - 12/16/2019 02:17 AM

How much do chairs cost at El Zafiro? How is parking?
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: El Zafiro chair cost? - 12/16/2019 02:34 AM

Plenty of parking, but sometimes there are little cruise ship tour buses or 4 wheelers.

Chairs are free if you eat/drink there.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: El Zafiro chair cost? - 12/16/2019 03:03 AM

Thanks, do they have umbrellas I hope?

Re: El Zafiro chair cost? - 12/16/2019 03:05 AM

Yepper!
Posted By: megamania

Re: El Zafiro chair cost? - 12/16/2019 04:39 PM

Beach Kitten,,,can you tell me how to get to El Zafiro? Driving or walking? Thanks
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: El Zafiro chair cost? - 12/16/2019 04:43 PM

What is your starting point are you coming from?

Re: El Zafiro chair cost? - 12/16/2019 05:39 PM

Lets say roundabout at Maho market,,by La Terrasse....we will be there for 5 days, wondering if it is walkable. Prior to that we will be above the Greenhouse in Simpson Bay when we will have access to vehicle. Thank you
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: El Zafiro chair cost? - 12/16/2019 06:10 PM

Do NOT under any circumstances walk to El Zafiro from Maho at night. During the day, you could do it, although I wouldn't, as it's a decent hike. Walking or driving, directions would be basically the same, as I think going on the road would be more direct than the beach, as there is not a way to get there using only the beach.

Proceed from Maho toward Sunset Beach Bar. Just before you go under the archway to go into Alegria (Caravanseri, Morgan, whatever the heck they are calling it now), make a left and follow White Sands Road, which is by the airport. Just past where the fence for the airport stops, the road either bears left or goes basically straight. Bear to the left. There is a sign there that says Beachside Villas, and I think El Z, although I'm not certain of the latter. Just keep going on White Sands Road. It will dead end at Beachside Villas. El Z is just before BSV on the right.

Altogether, my GUESSTIMATE is that it would be about 3/4 mile from Maho, although don't quote me on that. Best to just drive there when you have the car, and visit then, or decide whether you want to walk it or not from Maho.

Re: El Zafiro chair cost? - 12/16/2019 06:59 PM

Follow the airport fence around left from Sunset and you will get there!!! wink

And as has been said DO NOT WALK AT NIGHT!!!! ((and during the day unless you are young and a marathon runner, I wouldn't walk it then either...lol))
Posted By: jeepers

Re: El Zafiro chair cost? - 12/17/2019 12:07 AM

Expecting a lot of rain? 😁😎

Re: El Zafiro chair cost? - 12/17/2019 02:35 PM

Carol and Beachkitten....thanks for the info....sounds like we will be driving. Although I don;t feel too old yet..lol....I am getting there and NOT a marathon runner,,,so the car is the way to go! lol....I know exactly the road you both mean,,just have never ventured down it. So many places on the island I have never been although we started to go to sxm in 2005....:) thanks again.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline