TravelTalkOnline

Grand Case

Posted By: StMartinFan

Grand Case - 01/06/2020 02:25 AM

We’re staying in Grand Case this week and were pleased to see that the restaurants were busy last night and tonight. People were strolling the street to check menus so it had almost the feel of pre-Irma. La Villa is offering free valet parking and the small grass pay lot that's accessible from the boulevard near all the restaurants was open with an attendant. That was good because street parking is very full. It was nice to see how much livelier it was compared to last February.

We ate at the lolos last night and enjoyed another wonderful meal at Bistrot Caraibes tonight.

When we strolled the beach this afternoon Captain Frenchys and Rainbow cafe were both packed with partiers enjoying live (loud) music...including a couple of professional dancers in costume at Rainbow. I was thankful we weren't in one of the apartments near there!

There is renovation under way on many buildings but there are still many standing untouched. The building across L'auberge Gourmand is one but the restaurant was making the best of it by projecting dancing colored light images onto it. The person who manages our apartment warned us that the streets will be full tomorrow with all the work crew vehicles.
Posted By: Carib_Ian

Re: Grand Case - 01/06/2020 11:53 AM

Thanks for the report. I hope to get back to Grand Case this year.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Grand Case - 01/06/2020 12:20 PM

Thank you for this update. We hope to get there soon.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Grand Case - 01/06/2020 12:33 PM

Captain Frenchy is closed. Are you referring to Les Temps de Cerices?
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Grand Case - 01/06/2020 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by GaKaye

Captain Frenchy's was open in December when we were there
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Grand Case - 01/06/2020 02:02 PM

Thanks for the report. Glad to hear that a pay parking lot is open. Yesterday was Sunday, the traditional party day on the French side. Hopefully the loud music is only that one day. I never understood the attraction of head banging music when I was younger. I sure as heck don't appreciate it now.

Re: Grand Case - 01/06/2020 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Uksimonusa
Originally Posted by GaKaye

Captain Frenchy's was open in December when we were there

At it's same location? Isn't that Rainbow now? I'm so confused, lol!
Posted By: StMartinFan

Re: Grand Case - 01/06/2020 05:46 PM

Captain Frenchy's is at the far end of the boulevard, near where it connects to the main road. Rainbow is next to or close to it, going towards the center of town. There were several building between Rainbow and Les Temps de Ceres. I don't remember where they were before Irma but hopefully I'm remembering the current locations correctly. Guess I could stroll down the beach to check it out!

Re: Grand Case - 01/06/2020 06:25 PM

Les Temps de Cerices is right next door to Rainbow, at least their beach areas are adjacent to one another. That's why the Captain Frenchy comments are confusing me.

Edited to add that I have confirmed with a friend who lives in Grand Case, that Rainbow is next to LTC on the beach, although there is a small gap between them, in front of L'Atlantide. Captain Frenchy is next to Rainbow. So I was indeed confused, which isn't unusual tonguea
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline