TravelTalkOnline

Miller Lite in cans

Posted By: PelicanPirate

Miller Lite in cans - 01/15/2020 04:53 AM

Last year, Miller Lite in cans was only found at Cost U Less.

This year Market Garden has it and it is fresh with a July Expiration date. Pretty good.

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/179797/Searchpage/1/Main/26909/Words/%2BMiller+%2Blite/Search/true/beer-konigsbacher-and-miller-lite.html#Post179797
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/15/2020 05:01 AM

Drink Carib or presidente while on island. Not lite anything. Lol
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/15/2020 05:14 AM

At about 50 Carib’s, my liver gall bladder complex tell me to switch to mothers milk for a couple days.

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/15/2020 05:24 AM

Worth it.lol
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/15/2020 11:57 AM

Not Miller Lite but Lee's includes a PBR can at no cost with a few of their meals...not a fan but it wasn't bad at all
Posted By: Kennyxx50

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/16/2020 03:35 PM

Remember when Ric`s Cafe was in the mall in town? They had a Miller Lite for a dollar! Won`t see a special like that again! just a few years ago!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/16/2020 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kennyxx50
Remember when Ric`s Cafe was in the mall in town? They had a Miller Lite for a dollar! Won`t see a special like that again! just a few years ago!

They even had it when they relocated to Simpson Bay. Many good memories of Ric and Kathy.

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/16/2020 04:44 PM

Looks like you have had some island time.Ever hang out at Turtle Pier?
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/16/2020 11:27 PM

Was that the place at end of Front Street that had a big jar full of money and a sign that read : Need some take some or leave some. ?

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/16/2020 11:38 PM

I thought Rick's place was new to the bridge in Simpson bay underneath the adult club.
Posted By: vacanakey

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/16/2020 11:38 PM

Any Busch Lite on the island?

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/16/2020 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
I thought Rick's place was new to the bridge in Simpson bay underneath the adult club.

Ric's Place started out on Olde Street, they then moved to Front St. (near where DK Gems is now) and then on to Simpson Bay. In Simpson Bay there were under Golden Eyes or whatever the name of the adult club was. They never were at the end of Front St.

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/16/2020 11:59 PM

I only new them when they were is Simpson Bay which was short lived.

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/17/2020 12:03 AM

They were on Olde St. in 1991 and shortly after moved to Front St. I lost my old email communication with Ric but I think it was late 90's or so they moved to Simpson Bay. I am still in touch with Kathy, Ric passed probably 15 years or so ago. They sold as Ric had some health issues, the new owner then sold again and it was a BBQ joint and then it closed.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/17/2020 12:10 AM

Sorry, do you mean that you think that was his first restaurant? If so, definitely not. On Front Street was the first one, as far as I know.

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/17/2020 12:15 AM

Nope, Olde Street prior to Front St.

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/17/2020 12:27 AM

No. Did not imply that. I just knew about Rick's place when he was in the Simpson Bay location.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/17/2020 12:34 AM

JD--sorry, didn't remember he was on Olde Street before. I don't think we went there, just to Front Street.

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/17/2020 10:57 AM

We found them on our first cruise in 1991 as I read something about a sports bar on Olde Street. We stopped in as I wanted to see the previous weeks football scores.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/17/2020 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by RonDon

Was that the place at end of Front Street that had a big jar full of money and a sign that read : Need some take some or leave some. ?

The place I was thinking about was after where Greenhouse is now same side. We stayed at Great Bay Hotel and walked in mornings to a small place on beach after dock for American Breakfast $2.00. In evenings further on to this other place for drinks. This was 1980's. So maybe it wasn't Ric but something else??
Posted By: 2fingers

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/17/2020 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
We found them on our first cruise in 1991 as I read something about a sports bar on Olde Street. We stopped in as I wanted to see the previous weeks football scores.

We also discovered them on our first cruise. Kathy out front with menu's trying to bring people in. If there is such a thing, Kathy belongs in the Barker Hall of Fame.

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/17/2020 02:15 PM

Don`t remember a place with a jar,but the business was at the end of a small mall area There were a lot of small shops next to it.This was back in the 90`s.I remember Ric`s being in Simpson Bay,but don`t remember when they moved.

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/17/2020 02:18 PM

Yes! I remember that too! Olde Street. Thats the place!

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/17/2020 02:19 PM

Don`t remember a place with a jar,but the business was at the end of a small mall area There were a lot of small shops next to it.This was back in the 90`s.I remember Ric`s being in Simpson Bay,but don`t remember when they moved.

You are thinking of the Olde Street location for Ric's Place. It would have been early 90's as they were on Front Street sometime by the mid-90's. I had a detailed email from Ric, discussing the timeline, but it was lost a year ago when my computer died.
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/18/2020 11:34 AM

the heinies here are sooo much better then in US
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/18/2020 11:38 AM

ya Kenny...rics place was good, and at simpson bay in early 2000's think when he left a Kansas City Barbecue took over, wicked good burgers

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/18/2020 11:49 AM

Yes, after Ric's it was Bonita's Cantina and they eventually fizzled.

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/18/2020 01:06 PM

Correct.
Posted By: 2fingers

Re: Miller Lite in cans - 01/18/2020 02:17 PM

We visited Bonita's shortly after they opened. Talked a little about Ric's with them. He disappeared into the back and came out with 4 brand new Ric's tank tops that were left and gave them to us. Not the best bbq, they didn't last long, but nice people.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline