TravelTalkOnline

Short notes on a visit #2

Posted By: boucharda

Short notes on a visit #2 - 01/18/2020 08:43 PM

...Sunset Beach attempt # 2 with two ships in...perfect...arrived a tad after 1pm and there were maybe 20 people on the beach. No chairs out because of the rocks but very easy to find a place to park our stuff...good day. Blue skies and calm seas. Like the old days.....more visitors came over the next few hours but still comfortable. Parking in the lot validated at SSBB....

...speaking of the lot....The Morgan Resort..aka Alegria..aka Canaversari is HUGE. A lot of work being done but nowhere near even windows insertion yet

...and continuing with construction....Flamingo and Royal Palm are both very active with construction...workers are parking on the remaining slabs of the SBR C and D buildings....MANY cars....looks like it will be a while but also will be a complete remodel ...potential is there but three years??????

...traffic is notably ugly in Simpson Bay/Cole Bay from 3pm to 530pm. Plan accordingly. we got to the airport roundabout around 320p (planned) and almost got the 4pm opening....just stopped....no clue why but plan ahead

..OK...Happy Bay....one of my favorite beaches...wander over the hill from Friar's Bay (47 huge iguanas) and found a spot towards the far end....turned around and there was the bushwacker doing his thing (with obvious difficulty I will add) ...but edge of the sand/grass in full view. I decided to engage and declare pervert status and BLAM..20 minutes of a yelling racist, homophobic rant (I was with my wife)...it went on , and on and I actually hoped the weenie would make a move and it would have been a done deal...but he wimped out and left ...Point: stay on the middle to left side of the beach away from this impotent loser
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Short notes on a visit #2 - 01/18/2020 08:54 PM

Thanks for the update. I looked at the webcam today and it looked pretty space at Maho/Sunset.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Short notes on a visit #2 - 01/18/2020 09:57 PM

Thanks for the report. I guess I'm glad there is finally something going on at Alegria/Morgan/whatever. I guess the court case is over?? Good to see also that there is finally some action at the Diamond properties. No way that should take this long.. Whatever..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Short notes on a visit #2 - 01/19/2020 06:02 AM

Yes. After 3 years flamingo should be a great new resort.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline