TravelTalkOnline

Harmony Nights starts soon!

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Harmony Nights starts soon! - 01/28/2020 02:23 PM

I know, they call it the "Les Mardis de Grand Case" now, but I still think of it as Harmony Nights! duh It starts Tuesday February 4. So far, I didn't see the story in the online version, but the full version says that it goes for 12 weeks, which I'm pretty sure is incorrect. Normally it's around 6 weeks. Anyway, it's a fun time, for those on island at that time.
Posted By: candj

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 01/28/2020 08:06 PM

We loved it but parking was a problem. We had to park at the airport and walk both ways. If we did it again, we would take a taxis and arrange for it to pick us up at a certain time.
Posted By: cacapasa

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 01/29/2020 08:55 AM

We did not attend last year and have no plans to attend this year, when we are on the island Feb.9 - March 1. Grand Case Blvd. is still a mess, we understand. With so many restaurants still shut, and limited parking, it is just not worth the trouble to go to Harmony Night or whatever else you want to call it. We really do want to support the island, particularly on the French side, but they will have to make a greater effort at restoration. We appreciate that many of the residents and business people are fully fed up with the lack of progress, but that is exactly how France (barely) works.
Posted By: VGerfo

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 01/29/2020 11:45 AM

Unfortunate you feel that way based on Hearsay. The event takes place in the street, is quite festive and the hurricane damage is not really apparent. The street is filled with people enjoying themselves. These locals need our support.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 01/29/2020 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by VGerfo
Unfortunate you feel that way based on Hearsay. The event takes place in the street, is quite festive and the hurricane damage is not really apparent. The street is filled with people enjoying themselves. These locals need our support.

DITTO

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 01/29/2020 02:08 PM

VGerfo--If you go to Harmony Nights, where do you park??
Posted By: extreme

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 02/02/2020 01:24 PM

I asked the question on their FB and they answered 12 weeks !

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 02/02/2020 01:27 PM

Wow. That is surprising! It's normally only around 6 weeks. Good news though, for those who will be on island. It's a great time, if you can figure out the parking situation.

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 02/02/2020 01:32 PM

Before Irma it always was 10 or 12 weeks ! I know because when we go in early april , we are able to catch it !

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 02/02/2020 01:34 PM

OK, I guess I mis-remembered. I still think there were a few years that it was only about 6 weeks. But I have been wrong before, many times.

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 02/02/2020 01:40 PM

no worries ! you are right , last year was only 8 weeks !

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 02/02/2020 01:55 PM

extreme--where do you park when you go?

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 02/02/2020 02:17 PM

In the past we always parked near the airport f we weren't staying at GCBC, then walked back. No matter where you park remember to bring a flashlight so cars can see you walking.

If you go by cab maybe make arrangements with the driver to return at a designated time and place to pick you up or have a restaurant call a cab for you. Either way, since road will be closed off, you'll have to meet driver outside of the main blvd.
Posted By: Jim_Laraine

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 02/02/2020 02:46 PM

We would like to go this week to Harmony night Tuesday this week but are a little worried about parking. Guess we could take a taxi from our Airbnb in Oyster Pond.

Last night (Saturday) we parked in the large lot across from where Calmos was. From there we walked to Rainbow at the other end of the strip. No problems but we could have parked closer. There was a lot of activity along the way. Most all restaurants were open and busy. (L'auberge gourmande, LeCottage, Ocean 82, etc) It was good to see.

We saw Alfredo Acosta (guitar, keyboard) and Phil (Sax) play at Rainbow, awesome show, latin type Jazz and Pop. Lights of Anguilla in the distance added to the ambience.

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 02/02/2020 02:59 PM

RonDon--The airport is a fair walk from the main part of Grand Case. A few years ago, there were shuttles from the airport to downtown. I guess that is not the case now?

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 02/02/2020 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
RonDon--The airport is a fair walk from the main part of Grand Case. A few years ago, there were shuttles from the airport to downtown. I guess that is not the case now?

True. I too wonder if the shuttles will be back. Also, a several years ago the hotels/TS had a bus. We were at Divi that year and at the activities desk there was a sign up brochure $10 pp.
Posted By: LINNY

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 02/02/2020 09:53 PM

what time was the entertainment....we love Alfredo and are hoping to catch up with him in March......we've lost his email address, so we are going to try and track him down.
Posted By: Jim_Laraine

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 02/02/2020 11:18 PM

Alfredo played at 7pm at Rainbow on Saturday night. I think he plays at the Coda Bar on Fridays at 7pm as well. He is on Facebook and responds quickly to Messenger messages. https://www.facebook.com/aeyo2002
Posted By: LINNY

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 02/02/2020 11:53 PM

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 02/03/2020 03:22 AM

we park on the street in front of where a market use to be or in the parking of the school
Posted By: kbd

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 02/03/2020 04:26 AM

Parking is in the public grass lot that they direct you to after you enter the village from the main road. I think it was $5 last year. After parking you walk out to get to the street right close by Talk of the town. We've never had an issue in all the years we've parked there for Harmony night.

Re: Harmony Nights starts soon! - 02/03/2020 12:30 PM

Won't the construction work for Grand Case interfered with parking since Rue des Ecoles will be closed from January 27 to February 14th? During this time Grand Case Blvd will only be reachable via Esperance (Airport) Road. Then work directly in front of the schools Feb 17-28.

Maybe that's why Harmony Nights has extended weeks?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline