TravelTalkOnline

Mullet Bay restrooms operational

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/06/2020 01:30 AM

Just saw a post on Facebook that the new restrooms are now operational. $2.00 a go.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/06/2020 02:17 PM

What KIND of restrooms? Portapotties? Seems kind of stiff for a portapotty. If they are flush toilets, where do they flush TO?
Posted By: kccouple

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/06/2020 03:35 PM

Yummy! 2 bucks for an outhouse???

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/06/2020 03:43 PM

I had heard earlier they were having a septic system installed but can't confirm that. Perhaps someone on island can do an onsite inspection. No pun intended.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/06/2020 04:15 PM

If there is a septic system being installed. Is it being installed on private property? Was permission granted from the Ansari family. Is it being installed on government property ( the beach)? Was permission granted from the government?

For me I would much rather pay $2 to use the toilet than use a free toilet.

Wendell

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/06/2020 04:19 PM

I have no answers for those questions.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/06/2020 05:16 PM

I'm curious too.
grin
Posted By: KGB

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/06/2020 05:17 PM

I don’t care if it 50 cents or $2. It doesn’t really matter as long as these toilets are clean and have a toilet paper available. Clean is the main condition. The last thing I wanna see after paying any money is a pile of poop all over the seating area...
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/06/2020 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by KGB
I don’t care if it 50 cents or $2. It doesn’t really matter as long as these toilets are clean and have a toilet paper available. Clean is the main condition. The last thing I wanna see after paying any money is a pile of poop all over the seating area...

How about where the waste goes, does that matter? If it is a straight pipe out into the water, that is not good and that has been known to happen on the island.
Posted By: pat

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/06/2020 06:14 PM

Like you, Wendell, I can’t help but wonder where the septic was located and how permission was granted. And as ruralcarrier opined, I truly hope it’s not another pipe into the ocean.
Posted By: kim

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/06/2020 06:28 PM

Rhode Island installed self composting toilets in their parks. Just possibly that’s what has been built?
Posted By: pony600

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/06/2020 06:29 PM

Face Book post said that it is a flush toilet with a septic system. Didn't say where the septic went to, though. There is also an attendant who keeps the area clean according to the post...

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/06/2020 06:37 PM

As long as the tank is pumped regularly and system is maintained it should not cause any problems. Many septic systems are in place at very large resorts on island very close to the beach with no problems being pumped out regularly.

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/06/2020 11:46 PM

Just saw that it's 2.00 per use and 4.00 for a 1 minute shower or unlimited day pass + shower for 6.00. Pictures of facilities looked nice. Has lockers and changing rooms too.

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/07/2020 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Originally Posted by KGB

How about where the waste goes, does that matter? If it is a straight pipe out into the water, that is not good and that has been known to happen on the island.

Of course I worry about where the all that stuff is going to! But according to the few sources , it has a septic system and been pumped out regularly. And I’m sure it’s an easy way to check- in a 90 degrees weather you can’t hide the smell, lol!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/07/2020 07:48 PM

They supposedly just went into operation so there could not have been a lot of pumping going on yet. I wonder where the water supply to flush comes from since there has not been running water at Mullet in years.

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/07/2020 08:45 PM

I would guess the toilets might be sea water like Pinel has for toilet and hand washing station but not for the shower or sink on Mullet. I think a site inspection is in the works for someone there that has to "go". LOL

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/08/2020 08:43 PM

Well, we will be there for an inspection in less than a month!

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/08/2020 09:05 PM

I heard that they honor the magic Caribbean card on chair rentals. Not sure about food or drink.
Posted By: KenNDeb

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/11/2020 08:23 PM

The facilities are next to Daleos beach Bar. They have a mens and ladies rest room, 1 shower, 1 changing room, and lockers available for rent. They are new and clean. I have pictures and hope they attach to t bi is post
If not I will try to post them when I figure it out

Attached picture 20200211_131021.jpg
Attached picture 20200211_131126.jpg
Attached picture 20200211_151104.jpg
Attached picture 20200211_151651.jpg

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/11/2020 08:31 PM

Thanks so much for the pictures! It seems kind of expensive, but they do look nice.

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/11/2020 08:48 PM

Expensive? I think not especially if the need arises and no other options. My wife would have paid $10.00 when things started to rumble.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/11/2020 08:57 PM

$6 for unlimited bathroom use. What will they do, issue you a wrist band so you don't share the day pass?

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/11/2020 09:02 PM

Or crowd the whole family and friends into the one use shower? groovin
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/11/2020 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Or crowd the whole family and friends into the one use shower? groovin

For one minute? You couldn't get water on all your parts.

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/11/2020 09:19 PM

Many hands could work pretty fast? LOL
Posted By: Shelby2

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/11/2020 10:59 PM

Very nice, thx for posting! I would no doubt use these facilities with no worries about fees!
Posted By: pony600

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/12/2020 01:25 AM

Wow, looks nice!
Posted By: BlueGreenWater

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/13/2020 09:30 PM

Thank Tue ou for posting. Will be going there tomorrow and will happily pay it.
Posted By: BGH

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/13/2020 09:36 PM

The daily pass sounds good. No issue with price .

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/13/2020 09:39 PM

I doubt it.

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/14/2020 07:50 PM

That is wood interior? How are they planning on cleaning it? Wood is fairy porous material...

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/14/2020 07:58 PM

Sorry, are you talking about the floor or the walls?? My GUESS is that the floor is laminate flooring. With regard to the walls, yes they are wood, it looks like, but without putting too much of a spin on it, what are you expecting there to be on the walls??

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/14/2020 09:38 PM

I will check it out tomorrow when we go to Mullet.

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/15/2020 12:12 AM

Sorry, make that Monday as they are expecting rain again tomorrow and Sunday.

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/16/2020 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Sorry, are you talking about the floor or the walls?? My GUESS is that the floor is laminate flooring. With regard to the walls, yes they are wood, it looks like, but without putting too much of a spin on it, what are you expecting there to be on the walls??

Yes Carol, I’m talking about the walls. I really hope that the floors are laminate or tile. The wood would make it almost impossible to wash off if someone makes a MESS... The urine will absorb into the wood, and in the +30C heat, in the enclosed space.... the smell will be an issue. I really hope that they thought about this when they built these cabins.

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/16/2020 08:29 PM

If it were ME, I would have polyureathaned (sp??) the wood. Pretty easy to do.

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/16/2020 09:08 PM

I would imagine they put some type of sealer on the wood.

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/16/2020 10:05 PM

Yes, that's what polyurethane is..

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/17/2020 01:06 AM

Urine contains ammonia, it is very aggressive on wood and will penetrate most sealants...

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/17/2020 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Yes, that's what polyurethane is..

There are other sealants that aren't polyurethane. Let's just hope they used one that will work.

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/19/2020 09:06 PM

Talked to the "Head" guy at Daleos about the floors in the bathrooms. He told me they were ceramic tile. Easier to maintain. Hope this answers everyone's questions. Have a good day.

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/19/2020 09:12 PM

How about the wood sides? Treated?

Re: Mullet Bay restrooms operational - 02/19/2020 09:36 PM

Probably not, but I didnt see the mens room only the ladies and they generally dont miss. I'll check out the mens next trip to Mullet.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline