TravelTalkOnline

OK, we are reloading here.

Posted By: Carol_Hill

OK, we are reloading here. - 03/16/2020 08:39 PM

All these threads are getting to the point that anyone that wants INFORMATION, as opposed to hype or hyperbole, cannot find it. I'm going to close several of these threads and you can start over with a new thread, but stuff about guns and hoarding food, etc., etc., is going to get deleted.

So,

1) Please stay on topic and address comments to the topic at hand, not to the 'world is going to hell in a handbasket' theme.

2) Comments disparaging other's choices regarding traveling will be deleted without comment.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: OK, we are reloading here. - 03/16/2020 09:05 PM

It's official now, Macron has ordered the "prefects" (st Martin) to comply with French Law.

Le Pélican Saint-Martin
18 mins ·
Annick Girardin, Minister of overseas-The measures applicable from noon locally

" All measures announced by the President of the Republic will apply overseas. The prefects will make them applicable tomorrow at noon at the time of each of the territories. The overseas are an integral part of the nation. Respecting these instructions is a matter of national unity ".
Posted By: Southshore

Re: OK, we are reloading here. - 03/16/2020 09:12 PM

Sunwing, the charter vacation airline from Canada, has just announced the cancellation of all southbound charters, effective tomorrow. They stated that they will be concentrating on bringing back vacationers from their holiday destinations, including St. Martin and Aruba.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: OK, we are reloading here. - 03/16/2020 09:33 PM

Spiga Restaurant is feeling hopeful.
4 hrs ·
Due to mandatory closure as of midnight tonight,
Spiga will be closed until further notice.
We will be open today from 5:30 pm to 10 pm.
If you want to come by for a meal or a drink we will be happy to welcome you.
Posted By: blackmercedes

Re: OK, we are reloading here. - 03/17/2020 12:17 AM

Way to go, Spiga!
Posted By: wendyk

Re: OK, we are reloading here. - 03/17/2020 03:39 AM

This is going to be so devastating for the island, but the alternative is worse. I had dinner at Mario's tonight, and they are waiting for the same to happen on the Dutch side. It's probably only matter of time before most public places are pretty much shut down.

Re: OK, we are reloading here. - 03/17/2020 05:30 PM

PLEASE people, if you post something here based on what someone TOLD you, or that you READ somewhere, please be specific as to the source, if it is not something that YOU personally witnessed.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: OK, we are reloading here. - 03/17/2020 06:54 PM

We'll just have to plan to go back and visit once this nightmare is over. But, as long as places can stay afloat hopefully they will return. At least they won't have to rebuild structures like they did three years ago.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: OK, we are reloading here. - 03/20/2020 06:22 PM

And if it does not directly pertain to SXM, please post it on SXM People Talk. Otherwise, it will be moved. While it may be important if it is not directly SXM related it will clog up the purpose of this particular forum.
Thank you.

Re: OK, we are reloading here. - 03/20/2020 07:18 PM

Yes, agreed, the SXM forum should be about SXM..
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: OK, we are reloading here. - 03/21/2020 12:28 PM

Also, anymore hearsay, rumors, 3rd and 4th hand information someone "heard", and wild speculation that makes no sense is going to be deleted without comment. If one can not provide a link, did not personally speak to someone with REAL facts and knowledge about a situation, it does no good and only adds to an already bad situation.

I posted what a Delta flight attendant personally shared with me regarding the flight I went out on with regard to the 3 incoming US citizens that were denied entry to SXM. What she told me and what the pilot announced made sense and coincided with the OFFICIAL statement the PM of SXM made. I then posted it. I did not "hear' this information after it was passed down, likely changed multiple times while passed from one person to another, etc. I also posted a copy of the letter from the PM.

Enough of the hearsay! Stick with FACTS!
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: OK, we are reloading here. - 03/28/2020 04:07 AM

What does the title of this thread mean?

Re: OK, we are reloading here. - 03/28/2020 01:03 PM

Pelican--it was really pretty obvious at the time, which was a week ago, which is an aeon in this thing. Regardless, time to un-stick this thread from the top. But as a reminder, if it's about SXM, put it here. If not, in SXM People Talk.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline