TravelTalkOnline

Dirt cheap airfare in JUN/JUL/AUG MIA to SXM on AA

Posted By: PelicanPirate

Dirt cheap airfare in JUN/JUL/AUG MIA to SXM on AA - 03/26/2020 12:54 PM

Mia - SXM roundtrip on AA 14-25 JUNE: $177. Also true 19-30 JUL & 16-27 AUG

If you live in FL, cheap trip with not too much money to risk.

Connections add to cost. Some places pretty cheap others not so much.

But some cheap flights to Miami as well including Nonstop Roundtrips for $99.

So, you might be able to piece something with an overnight together.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Dirt cheap airfare in JUN/JUL/AUG MIA to SXM on AA - 03/26/2020 01:25 PM

And to think I was ecstatic last August when I booked roundtrip for the end of May this year, for $270 r/t! duh ...assuming they are actually flying by then.
Posted By: bran

Re: Dirt cheap airfare in JUN/JUL/AUG MIA to SXM on AA - 03/26/2020 01:39 PM

Don’t care if it’s free...until we have a vaccine how many of you would risk going knowing that when or if you came back, you could end up in a hospital?

Re: Dirt cheap airfare in JUN/JUL/AUG MIA to SXM on AA - 03/26/2020 01:46 PM

Depends on where you are, I guess. Some places in South Florida are a lot more dangerous as far as the virus right now, than SXM... But this is all esoteric at the moment, until they actually start flying. And I do wonder when they do, what the restrictions will be, upon return to the US.. IF one could return...
Posted By: bluejacket

Re: Dirt cheap airfare in JUN/JUL/AUG MIA to SXM on AA - 03/26/2020 02:24 PM

I'm going to buy tickets for December. I see that those prices are down as well. Not to the dirt cheap level, but still a good deal.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Dirt cheap airfare in JUN/JUL/AUG MIA to SXM on AA - 03/26/2020 02:47 PM

Looks like hardest hit are larger cities. And that is where many airlines hubs are at. the demographics should be more accurate in a week or so.

Wendell
Posted By: belair209

Re: Dirt cheap airfare in JUN/JUL/AUG MIA to SXM on AA - 03/28/2020 08:08 PM

Thanks for the heads up. We purchased our tickets for 2021's Dec-Jan trip six weeks ago, BOS-SXM. Checked the rates after seeing this on TTOL an hour ago and saw fare price cut 40%. Called American and got a voucher for the difference in air fare. FYI : RTrip First Class BOS-SXM $807 thru PHL.

Re: Dirt cheap airfare in JUN/JUL/AUG MIA to SXM on AA - 03/28/2020 09:45 PM

Surprised and pleased that they gave you a voucher for the difference.
Posted By: irina

Re: Dirt cheap airfare in JUN/JUL/AUG MIA to SXM on AA - 03/28/2020 11:17 PM

What are you people talking about????????
I'm in Miami. Not a good place.
We have curfews, boundaries (250 ft from your property)
Nothing is open.
Good luck.
irina

Re: Dirt cheap airfare in JUN/JUL/AUG MIA to SXM on AA - 03/28/2020 11:18 PM

Glad I might have helped.

We are toying with last two weeks of July Trip. $99 RT to Miami +$177 Mia to SXM with hotels in MIA.

Travel insurance with medical evac, cancel for any reason and COVID PANDEMIC coverage is only $129.

We might do it. Not sure how anybody is staying in biz. How can the underwriters be determining the odds for this i surance.
Posted By: bran

Re: Dirt cheap airfare in JUN/JUL/AUG MIA to SXM on AA - 03/29/2020 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by PelicanPirate
Glad I might have helped.

We are toying with last two weeks of July Trip. $99 RT to Miami +$177 Mia to SXM with hotels in MIA.

Travel insurance with medical evac, cancel for any reason and COVID PANDEMIC coverage is only $129.

We might do it. Not sure how anybody is staying in biz. How can the underwriters be determining the odds for this i surance.

Covid Pandemic Insurance? Well thats a new one on me. They are all scrambling to make sure that any reference to a Virus is NOT covered going forward, including all risks. I also am actually staggered with whats going on that anyone could even be thinking of this year unless you have a death wish. Until a Vaccine is found, this will not end. Not being negative but have family on the front lines in hospitals in NY and London and lets just say we have all been misinformed as to the truth of what truly is happening around the world. Our lives are dramatically about to change and for those who think that in 2 months or even 6 months one can simply go back to the way it was before, well many will, but I certainly wouldn't.

Re: Dirt cheap airfare in JUN/JUL/AUG MIA to SXM on AA - 03/29/2020 01:28 AM

We are fraidy cats as my posts will indicate especially regarding cruises and Italy. Well aware and haven’t left my bunker in 16 days.

But if the world opens up, zooming into SXM and doing my same limited movement from bed to beach, the risk might be the same there as here. If they will have me.

I want most of my ashes spread there anyway.

That’s why the insurance Idea, in case we throw the plans in the trash.

Some might say we have to bunker/hunker down for 18 months. We will walk out into a full blown depression, by then.
Posted By: sumbeach

Re: Dirt cheap airfare in JUN/JUL/AUG MIA to SXM on AA - 03/29/2020 02:24 AM

I looked at Dallas, in July and November, RT for $250 (the cheapo seats, no refunds, get seats when you board etc). San Antonio is I believe $780.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline