TravelTalkOnline

SXM Restaurants Take Out?

Posted By: sxmmartini

SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 01:27 PM

Are the restaurants still able to offer take out, curb side pickup of food and beverages?
Posted By: kim

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 01:30 PM

Not anymore.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by sxmmartini
Are the restaurants still able to offer take out, curb side pickup of food and beverages?

DAILY HERALD LINK
I posted this yesterday in another thread. Just my guess but I would imagine some were abusing the take-out deal, serving drinks while patrons waited and allowing small gatherings so it came to this.

"Prime Minister Silveira Jacobs said restaurants will only be allowed to operate takeout and delivery services from 8:00am to 6:00pm today. However as of tomorrow, Thursday, restaurants will not be open to serve the public."

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 01:56 PM

It only is going to get worse before it gets better. Some restaurants will close and never reopen... Why did they not just fine the restaurants not following the order?
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 02:05 PM

Need to stop people going OUT!!!!

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 02:09 PM

As Elaine, said, they need to keep people from going out as much. Do you think many would actually pay the fine? I am sure some will ignore this order as well. This is going to kill a lot of businesses, both at home and on the island

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 02:48 PM

Bill was in Carrefour Union Rd this morning during senior hours (almost empty store) to get our supplies for the next two weeks. He was shocked to see the 10 or less line very long with people buying one thing. Like a baguette. So you take a chance to have a fresh baguette every day? Because that's all it's going to last. I just don't get it.

Shelves were fully stocked.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 02:52 PM

Thanks for the report, glad your shelves are fully stocked. I guess that people are doing a lot of irrational things these days.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 02:54 PM

I don't think it will take many patients to put SXM healthcare into overload. And good luck getting off the island to some other healthcare facility.

Wendell

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 03:22 PM

PM getting close to shutting it all down if folks don't get their act together. And I'm happy with that.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 03:46 PM

Not the Supermarkets !

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 03:52 PM

Covid-19 Update - St. Maarten

Staggered movement possible next week

Supermarkets will be allowed to open for the rest of the week.

Come Monday, the Prime Minister has proposed the implementation of staggered movement: this will see a segment of the population can move, while the rest stays put.

If the staggered approach doesn't work out, then government will implement a total shutdown of the country.

Prime Minister Silveria Jacobs: "I am trying my best to ensure the people of St. Maarten can eat, has access to food and therefore they need to have gas and they access to medical services, but if the people of St. Maarten do not adhere to the measures that the government of St. Maarten is putting in place for your own safety, then I have no other choice. But, each and everyone of us can shut down on our own."

(Source: Govt. of St. Maarten)

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 04:31 PM

That is Martial Law. You will see Government control bread lines. Being American Expats I hope all your papers are in order. Good Luck!

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 04:41 PM

Why yes, our papers are in order, we are residents. But thanks for your concern.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 05:21 PM

Wendy--that was uncalled for. Stand down.
Posted By: MrWhiskerssammy

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 06:05 PM

We are doing the same thing--I just went out today, and guess what?? I scored 6 rolls of paper towels!!!! I am trying to buy enough to stay home for a week to a week and a half. Had to go out twice today because one of our "older neighbors" who has COPD and is really afraid to leave the house wanted a rotisserie chicken---so while I was out I got 2 take out pizzas to freeze (although in truth, Phil had 2 pieces as soon as it entered the room). I we all just stay at home for a little while, hopefully this will go away sooner rather than later. Stay safe everyone.

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 07:34 PM

Is this at your home area or St. Maarten?
Posted By: MrWhiskerssammy

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 07:44 PM

It's at our home in Fla. We left SXM on March 24th. Before that, though, we could get all the paper products we needed. There is actually more of a shortage here than on the island.

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 07:46 PM

Yes, people here in the US have panic bought and stockpiled many of these items, where residents of SXM are using much more common sense it appears.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 08:29 PM

This is what Curacao is doing.
https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/two-days-per-week

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 08:33 PM

Yes, but let's keep this about SXM.
Thanks.

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 08:37 PM

I've heard that suggested here also.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: SXM Restaurants Take Out? - 04/02/2020 09:14 PM

It pertains to sxm as they are considering this same restriction and system.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline