TravelTalkOnline

DOT extends everywhere?

Posted By: bran

DOT extends everywhere? - 04/08/2020 05:40 PM

Was flying from SXM to AXA later this month using AAS and they have the usual book within so many months policy. But just wondered if the DOT refund statement also applies to Air Anguilla services and can use that when emailing them?
Posted By: pat

Re: DOT extends everywhere? - 04/08/2020 05:56 PM

Bran,

You never know in this whacky world but since DOT refers to the US Department of Transportation, I would think probably not. But the thing is, you never know and you may just get a CSR with a sympathetic bent and they’d do it for you. Or NOT!

But you have nothing to lose, particularly in this sheltering world we’re all in right now and time seems to be the thing we have the most of......... and maybe you’d be successful good luck.

Re: DOT extends everywhere? - 04/08/2020 06:20 PM

Thx Pat. Yes, I will email them and see what happens, just wanted to be sure of the facts and am I right in understanding that the Airport is still closed until further notice, only freight and emergency services allowed which would give me further leeway with Anguilla Air Services? Thx.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: DOT extends everywhere? - 04/08/2020 06:57 PM

bran--the rule technically applies ONLY to flights either from or to the US. You may get them to honor it. Can't hurt to ask.
Posted By: ChiTownHarry

Re: DOT extends everywhere? - 04/08/2020 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by bran
But just wondered if the DOT refund statement also applies to Air Anguilla services and can use that when emailing them?

I cannot imagine it would, however if Anguilla is a member of the EU, you might be in a better position to try for a refund. From Google:

If your flight has been cancelled or delayed you have the right to compensation under European law. Under EU Regulation 261/2004, passengers are entitled to up to €600 (£534) in compensation when their flight lands at their destination more than three hours late.
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: DOT extends everywhere? - 04/09/2020 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by ChiTownHarry
But just wondered if the DOT refund statement also applies to Air Anguilla services and can use that when emailing them?

I cannot imagine it would, however if Anguilla is a member of the EU, you might be in a better position to try for a refund. From Google:

If your flight has been cancelled or delayed you have the right to compensation under European law. Under EU Regulation 261/2004, passengers are entitled to up to €600 (£534) in compensation when their flight lands at their destination more than three hours late.

EU Regulation 261 does not apply to Anguilla.

Re: DOT extends everywhere? - 04/10/2020 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by wilsonck
Originally Posted by ChiTownHarry

EU Regulation 261 does not apply to Anguilla.

Do you know what aviation authority they come under?
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: DOT extends everywhere? - 04/10/2020 04:49 PM

Do you know what aviation authority they come under ?

Anguilla is under the Eastern Caribbean Civil Aviation Authority.

Re: DOT extends everywhere? - 04/10/2020 05:19 PM

ok thx.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline