TravelTalkOnline

Happy Easter, Passover all

Posted By: bran

Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/11/2020 04:51 PM

This too shall pass, so just wishing all, future happy times, wherever you end up. So tell us what you are having for Easter Lunch or Dinner tomorrow. A local French Restaurant here is doing a special Easter lunch with free deliveries. Smoked Salmon to start. Rack of Lamb, saute potatoes, veg and lashings of gravy followed by french cheese cake for $35.00. Not bad at all. Anyway.............

My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet. dance

Cheers to you. Having a fosters with lime juice. to start with.........................................................................................................
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/11/2020 05:05 PM

A Lebanese dish which is lamb and rice rolled in grape leaves steamed over lamb rib bones in a chicken sour salt broth. Served with Greek yogurt. Dessert will be home made Lebanese pastries.
Posted By: bran

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/11/2020 05:09 PM

Similar to Dolmadakia?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/11/2020 05:39 PM

We're having REALLY thick pork chops, which I have brining now. Not sure what else, probably either scalloped potatoes or mac and cheese and either a salad or broccoli.. .

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/11/2020 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by bran
Similar to Dolmadakia?

Very similar. Egyptians call it Mishy. My mom called it that too.
Posted By: sumbeach

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/11/2020 06:48 PM

Baby back ribs with spicy tequila bbq sauce, jalapeno mac & cheese, and jicama slaw. Followed by Katherine's peach cobbler. And of course a couple of rum punches, etc. (Smoking ribs takes a long time] LOL)

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/11/2020 07:11 PM

Wow, now that sounds good, sumbeach!! Huhm, jalapeno mac & cheese! Recipe??
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/11/2020 07:18 PM

Likewise and thank you.

It will be filet Mignon on the grill, grilled asparagus and probably some stewed tomatoes.

sumbeach, sounds really good.

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/11/2020 07:29 PM

I just finished lunch and now I'm hungry again. Thanks all of you. LL
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/11/2020 10:07 PM

Pulled Pork mac and cheese here, but that jalapeno mac and cheese sounds amazing. Yes recipe please!
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/11/2020 10:26 PM

Roast Pork, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Potatoes, Peas, Corn, Yorkshire Puddings, Apple Sauce and Gravy
Posted By: mahokid

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/11/2020 10:38 PM

Working with food that i have at the catering kitchen

Happy hour drink Lychee martini's (first had them at the Lotterie Farm and our house drink before going out to dinner while on island) ( wife was dreaming she was in SXM)

Crab & roasted red pepper flan, roasted tomato buerre blanc

Braised short ribs, parsnip puree

No dessert (already up 5 corona pounds)
Posted By: TravelHat

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/12/2020 01:41 AM

Well got to start with some deviled eggs then move into baked ham, au gratin potatoes and asparagus. Not sure on the dessert but cheesecake and carrot-cake are being discussed
Posted By: jollymonsrv

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/12/2020 11:08 AM

Made 1 large and one medium lasagna with 85/15 Hamburg and veal. And sauce is Bolognese. Salad. Strawberry. Cheesecake with fresh strawberrys on top. Starting morning off with a bloodyf. Best to

ALL
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/12/2020 01:31 PM

Happy Easter to everyone !

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/12/2020 01:34 PM

To you and yours also, Lesley. Take care and stay safe!
Posted By: pat

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/12/2020 02:25 PM

Anybody ever cooked a leg of lamb for two?

That’s my game plan for this Easter in our house since it’s DH’s favorite meal and one the rest of the family doesn’t like at all. We usually reserve it for Christmas Eve dinner that we share with dear long-time friends, so this year J lucks out and will get to enjoy it twice in the same year.

Extending good wishes to all my TTOL friends and acquaintances, whatever holiday you’re celebrating today, including those who may choose not to celebrate at all.

My Easter wish for everyone is good health and safety for all in this very troubled time, along with hopefully a speedy return to that place we’ve all come to know and love.

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/12/2020 02:44 PM

"Anybody ever cooked a leg of lamb for two?"
Yes we do it quite often broiled, roasted, baked and BBQ with plenty of garlic. It's our go to meat. Always good left overs. Happy Easter to you.
Posted By: pat

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/12/2020 02:51 PM

TY, Scuba. And to you and yours as well.

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/12/2020 03:22 PM

Thanks Carol and hoping for the best .

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/12/2020 03:26 PM

Well not too much extravagance for us this time because the closures of the Supermarkets to the general public. Rice and peas and some fried Fish from Guyana called Banga Mary lol.

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/12/2020 07:43 PM

Sounds god to me.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/13/2020 05:43 PM

Sounds like everyone is still shopping!
We had hotdogs! laugh rofl

Boy that lamb sounds good!

Hope you all had a great Easter---and are staying dry today. smile

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/13/2020 05:54 PM

I went to the grocery store today, for the first time in about 10 days, got mostly fruits and veggies and some bread. I have a HUGE freezer and have purchased very little meat since this business started.

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/13/2020 06:13 PM

Same with us. Only go to store for fruits and vegetables every 7-10 days. We seldom eat bread so that isn't an issue for us. Plenty of frozen meats and fish in 2 very large freezers and my wife loves to coo and I like to BBQ. Actually our pattern hasn't changed much other than not being able to get together with friends and family.

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/13/2020 06:19 PM

Thanks .
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/13/2020 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
I went to the grocery store today, for the first time in about 10 days, got mostly fruits and veggies and some bread. I have a HUGE freezer and have purchased very little meat since this business started.

We haven't been out since March 12th, and now count on deliveries ( and
our son the first two weeks), so we don't always have
everything. We don't have much freezer space.

It's really fine, we are safe.

Haven't lost any weight..lol

Re: Happy Easter, Passover all - 04/13/2020 10:40 PM

No delivery available here in our area, as we're out in the middle of nowhere. There are a grand total of two pizza places that will deliver here, but no grocery delivery, or any other restaurant.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline