TravelTalkOnline

More games, no action

Posted By: Carol_Hill

More games, no action - 04/29/2020 01:16 PM

Daily Herald story
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: More games, no action - 04/29/2020 02:06 PM

Note the article never mentions their salary. I remember it being 10K per month. $ or NAF? Am I correct? Seems absurd for what they accomplish.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: More games, no action - 04/29/2020 02:09 PM

I was thinking it was 18K NAF. I know it is much higher than either Aruba or Curacao.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: More games, no action - 04/29/2020 02:16 PM

The island has lost the majority of its revenue and all they can give back is 5%? That's totally pathetic! More lip service, they preach pain but they don't want to suffer. Until they suffer they could care less about getting the island re-open and tourist and jobs back. Hit them hard in the pocketbook and then let's see how fast they are to get the island open. Gov can Scream and holler on TV all you want but if you don't practice what you preach you're part of the problem not the solution. Serving in government is supposed to be a privilege for the people not for personal gains. Unfortunately that's not what most SXM government is famous for. Ugg.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: More games, no action - 04/29/2020 02:22 PM

The following information was as of February 2019.

"In CuraƧao MPs earn $7,111 and ministers $7,839 monthly and in Aruba MPs earn $6,069 and ministers earn $8,365, while in St. Maarten MPs earn $11,539 and ministers earn $12,090"

The positions in SXM also receive monthly salaries that are about 30% higher than comparable positions in the Netherlands. These facts should be shared daily with the residents of SXM so that they are constantly reminded of how they are being fleeced.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: More games, no action - 04/29/2020 03:26 PM

Junior indicated they have it pretty good and a lot of it continues once they leave office.

Remember it IS politics SXM style.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline