Simpson Bay Resort - 06/19/2020 11:19 PM

Simpson Bay Resort

Has announced it is open today!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 06/19/2020 11:46 PM

Didn't know it had closed.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 06/20/2020 12:14 PM

They have all been closed until PM said they could open.
Posted By: Jeff_C

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 06/20/2020 10:39 PM

They are running good prices in Nov. / Dec . Friends are going down with us and needed a place to stay for our second week . They got on their web site and booked a standard room for a week .
Think it was $700.00 with taxes . I feel that is pretty good .
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 06/20/2020 11:39 PM

For me, it would be a great price, IF it was ocean view. I don't stay anywhere that's not ocean view. Others have different feelings..
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 06/21/2020 07:55 AM

Any word on when Royal Palm is going to reopen??? That took a bad hit from Irma. We saw that it looked close to opening last November. Still no word! We privately rented there once 2016. First floor. Great find, great location. In four days never used the car!!! The swim-up pool with 2-7 HH was amazing too!!

Attached picture Royal Palm pool 102016.jpg
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 06/21/2020 10:09 AM

Many previous discussions regarding Royal Palm and Flamingo, including the one below.

EMAIL FROM DIAMOND

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 06/21/2020 02:49 PM

Early spring 2021 is target date. Earlier if covid and hurricane don't get factored in again.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 06/21/2020 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
For me, it would be a great price, IF it was ocean view. I don't stay anywhere that's not ocean view. Others have different feelings..

Totally agree. Need that water view....

The $700 is for a resort view studio BUT a one bedroom ocean view unit is still a respectable $1130 total inc taxes....and an oceanfront one BR is $1158. Prices are for the first week in December, website states a 53% discount

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 06/21/2020 05:33 PM

Hi Carol , I See what you are saying about an ocean view . For my wife and I , our ocean view is all day ( 9:00 to 4:30 ) sitting at Club O beach LOL . Own our second week when we stay in Simpson Bay area .
We drive over to Orient spend the day at the beach . Come back in the late afternoon , take a shower . Off to Buccaneer Beach Bar for some drinks . Off to diner , back to Buccaneer for some more drinks
( I know sounds like we have a problem !!! ) Then off to the hotel room . And then do it all again the next day . For me I don't think we would get our money's worth for a Ocean view room . Heck we have stayed at
Simpson Bay Resort at least a half a dozen times and never have used the pool . But I do understand that an ocean view room is important for some people .

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 06/21/2020 06:34 PM

Jeff--Hey, everyone is different! Glad it works out for you.

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 06/21/2020 08:30 PM

Hi Carol, Yes we may all be different ...... But we both love St.Martin . And that is what counts .

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 06/21/2020 09:58 PM

For sure..
Posted By: bobbarb

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 06/22/2020 02:15 AM

We have rented two weeks in the villas 2br 2 bath both balconies ocean view. The price including taxes and full breakfast for 4, Oct 31 to Nov 14 for just under $2,750 which I think is a great deal. The only problem is the breakfast which is buffet style and very good and inclusive but you can also get items from the kitchen such as omelette with your choice etc, I wind up eating more than I intend and put on lbs.

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 06/22/2020 02:24 AM

We have had that buffet. Really good and yes you can eat to much but heck what are vacations for?
Posted By: jollymonsrv

Re: Simpson Bay Resort - 06/22/2020 12:47 PM

We have Stayed at the villas our 5 latest trip and love the views and location. Walk during Day and drive early evening for dinner. Happy hours. Then back to lobby bar or buccaneer for a night cap. 👍
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline