TravelTalkOnline

Booked for next June, sort of!!

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 03:34 PM

Heard back from Tracy at Beachside that she has my requested dates available for next June!! circle Now, just have to wait until I can book air!! handshake But at least I'm on the calendar now. I doubt we will get to the island this year, but at least it feels good to have something planned, sort of anyway!! smile
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 03:58 PM

Wow good for you Carol.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 04:05 PM

Same here. I have air booked for May but not for return yet. Hopefully staying at Flamingo for 4 weeks.

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 04:13 PM

Do you have a back-up plan of somewhere to stay?

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 04:13 PM

Lesley--thanks. Feels good!

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 04:22 PM

Yes. Same Villa we used for last 2 trips.

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 04:24 PM

Oh, ok. Hopefully Flamingo and RP will be open by then.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 06:53 PM

Same here Carol. Got our confirmation from Tracy today. Let's keep fingers and toes, arm, legs crossed.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 06:58 PM

Good deal. Hoping for Nov. 2020 and March 2021 myself.

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 07:05 PM

Rosemary--Today must have been Tracy's day to send out all the confirmations!!! laugh

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 07:07 PM

JD-you went in March this year, and then if you go in November and March next year, you will have gone THREE times since I was there!! impatient Something not right about that! I do hope that you are able to go and have a wonderful trip!

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 07:16 PM

Not to rub it in, but we went Nov. 2019 also. Hopefully it works out for both of us and others on here as well.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Not to rub it in, but we went Nov. 2019 also. Hopefully it works out for both of us and others on here as well.

I want to be your neighbor this November! But I'd rather have #4. laugh

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by jazzgal

I don't think we will be in #4 as I think it was booked. I believe we might be in #2 at this point but not 100% sure.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 09:38 PM

Just booked today our flight down for May 3 of next year and staying 3 weeks. Should be able to book return trip in a few days. Already have accommodations booked. Like Carol said, it is nice to now have something to look forward to. Sad thing is, I should be on St. Maarten right now with over 3 weeks of vacation left. Oh well.......

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 09:42 PM

Wow, yes, JD, way to rub it in!!

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 09:43 PM

CaribLee--we should have just gotten home about a week ago.. cry
Posted By: pat

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 09:53 PM

As you know, we’re booked for November almost a year to the day since our trip last November and I have to tell you, much as I’m glad we’re booked, I’m making myself crazy worrying that this trip might also end up getting cancelled as our April trip this year did.. But it does help to know April ‘21 is set in stone and Nov. ‘21 is also in the works.

Will say an extra few prayers for all of our safe returns.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by pat
As you know, we’re booked for November almost a year to the day since our trip last November and I have to tell you, much as I’m glad we’re booked, I’m making myself crazy worrying that this trip might also end up getting cancelled as our April trip this year did.. But it does help to know April ‘21 is set in stone and Nov. ‘21 is also in the works.

Will say an extra few prayers for all of our safe returns.

Pat, your November dates are earlier than ours, and I'm also hopeful, but concerned. Right now my biggest fear is a false positive on the covid test, knowing a friend who has had that happen when he took the test in preparation for surgery.
Posted By: pat

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 11:03 PM

I guess we all need to keep our fingers crossed and hope and pray things are a little more sorted out by then and clarity will reign.

And yes, once again we miss each other by just a few days......
Posted By: SandS

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/26/2020 11:55 PM

We bought our tickets for February before the end of May. If purchased before May 31, AA will allow a change with no fee for up to a year. I hope all of you that have November reservations will get to go. I still have anxiety so I can always postpone.

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/27/2020 12:02 AM

Pat--I think we're all just hanging on, hoping for that next trip!!

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/27/2020 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by SandS
We bought our tickets for February before the end of May. If purchased before May 31, AA will allow a change with no fee for up to a year. I hope all of you that have November reservations will get to go. I still have anxiety so I can always postpone.

Now its book by june 30 for no change fees. I imagine it will be extended through July 31 and on and on.
Posted By: SANFILIP

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/27/2020 10:38 AM

Good deal. Hoping for Nov. 2020 and March 2021 myself.

Same here, booked for both November 2020 and March 2021
Posted By: Leagle49

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/27/2020 11:28 AM

We have our lodging for March 2021. Haven't booked airfare yet. Far to expensive. Waiting for prices to come down.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/27/2020 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by jazzgal

I don't think we will be in #4 as I think it was booked. I believe we might be in #2 at this point but not 100% sure.

I'm expecting to be back in #3 so we'll still be neighbors.
Posted By: fabila

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/27/2020 08:38 PM

Carol, we are booked for 2 weeks at BSV during our normal time frame this year. Our friends are also booked there and I believe everyone has their airfare booked.

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/27/2020 09:16 PM

Louise--I hope you are able to go and enjoy!
Posted By: fabila

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/27/2020 09:35 PM

Thank you Carol

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/28/2020 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Leagle49
We have our lodging for March 2021. Haven't booked airfare yet. Far to expensive. Waiting for prices to come down.

We haven't booked air yet too because airline hasn't opened up to our dates. But we're lucky to be in NE because I checked flights (just to see what was available) into early Feb. and it was $253 each way. Cheaper than last year.

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/28/2020 12:45 PM

Rosemary--Obviously you are only looking at Jet Blue, as AA has flights 330 days out.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/28/2020 03:14 PM

Yup...JB open through 2/14 and Delta through May 25th
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/28/2020 03:41 PM

Jet Blue isn't an option for us, but I've always wondered why they don't follow the same guidelines for opening fares as the other major airlines do.

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/28/2020 03:47 PM

If most all other major airlines can do it I would think JetBlue could too. They could always make schedule changes later like often happens with AA, Delta and United.

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/28/2020 04:11 PM

Yeah, I never understood that either. I try to book my flights a year in advance, which basically automatically shuts out JB..

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/28/2020 04:23 PM

Same here knowing there will probably be some changes but we are locked in on pricing.
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/28/2020 04:47 PM

I don’t think I’ve ever had JetBlue not reschedule a flight after I’ve booked it. So it’s not to avoid rescheduling.

Re: Booked for next June, sort of!! - 06/29/2020 10:42 AM

Right Carol it's Jet Blue that I'm checking. We've been very lucky with them. And I'll be looking to use the points from the March trip cancelled due to covid.

I too don't understand why JB's scheduling isn't same as other airlines. Makes no sense---especially if a trip expands beyond their cut off date for the return, They question you about why a return booking may be required yet they can't give you the date.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline