TravelTalkOnline

Visitors going home Covid test

Posted By: jeepers

Visitors going home Covid test - 07/19/2020 02:12 PM

Our friends from France left July 5th & had to see doctor to obtain lab requisition for Covid testing. Results were required 72 hours prior to departure to present to Juliana airport. Tests were done at lab. As more visitors go to island it could be difficult to get a doctor's lab requisition & testing to board plane home.
Our other friends are returning to France July 27th. I'll see how they manage. It will be interesting as things open up.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Visitors going home Covid test - 07/19/2020 03:27 PM

Everyone has been discussing the requirements for entering SXM, but are there also going to be
certain things you have to do before leaving SXM and returning home?

Things seem to change everyday ....
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Visitors going home Covid test - 07/19/2020 03:35 PM

I think that will be decided by the country you are returning to.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Visitors going home Covid test - 07/19/2020 05:55 PM

Agreed, I think that is the question--what is required by the country you are returning to. At this point, my guess is nothing for returning US citizens, but it's a good question..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Visitors going home Covid test - 07/19/2020 06:06 PM

If I'm not mistaken Canada has a 14 day self quarantine for citizens returning from out of country. Some individual states have restrictions for out of state visitors too.
Posted By: CanuckTravlr

Re: Visitors going home Covid test - 07/19/2020 09:21 PM

Yes, current regulations under the emergency Quarantine Act require anyone returning to Canada from another country, with exemptions only for certain essential workers, to quarantine for 14 days. Of course, right now that means only Canadian citizens, since the country is closed to any non-essential travel by foreigners, with a few exceptions for immediate family members. Your quarantine plan must be approved by the border officer at the time of entry to Canada.

Quarantine is not the same as isolating-in-place, as we have done during the lockdown. Under the quarantine rules, you must go immediately and directly to your place of quarantine (which could be your normal home) and stay there for the full 14 days. You must have a plan that arranges for delivery or pre-stocking of any essentials, such as food, water and medicines. You may not leave your place of quarantine for ANY reason, nor even go outside, unless you have a balcony or private, enclosed backyard. Police and health officials typically do 2 or 3 checks during the quarantine period to ensure you are complying.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Visitors going home Covid test - 07/20/2020 05:00 PM

It's just something everyone should think about when making vacation plans.

You may not be able to return to work after being out of the country, or in a different state.

Maybe the airline will want another covid check before returning?? What are their rules?
Like I said-- something to think about.
Posted By: zeus1963

Re: Visitors going home Covid test - 07/20/2020 05:04 PM

I have a couple of months of vacation saved up. I have no problem taking another couple of weeks off.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Visitors going home Covid test - 07/20/2020 09:05 PM

You explained this very well. Many people do not fully understand the difference between self isolation and quarantine. I know of some people who returned to Canada from Florida and the police checked on them 3 times to ensure they were not leaving the house for any reason and obeying the quarantine rules.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline