TravelTalkOnline

cost of test in SXM

Posted By: RonDon

cost of test in SXM - 08/08/2020 11:21 AM

Gary, in another post stated the SXM test cost was $125. and you pay cash or credit card.

I wish to say that this is NOT too expensive. I just received a bill for my test here in USA and it cost $120. Of course my medical coverage paid it. I wonder if a person could claim that with their health provider if they'd honor it. I base this upon our having to go to ER on one visit to SXM. Charge was $50 for ER and, at the time we had Blue Cross coverage. I submitted the bill and they paid me directly.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: cost of test in SXM - 08/08/2020 02:01 PM

Good thought. My ER in SXM was fully reimbursed after I got home with my med insurance too.
Posted By: AUCspouse

Re: cost of test in SXM - 08/08/2020 06:19 PM

Friends in Massachusetts were billed $600 per test. They are still trying to figure out whether insurance will cover it.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: cost of test in SXM - 08/08/2020 06:52 PM

I have never heard that number mentioned...every testing site in MA I researched were between $120-$200 for persons with no symptoms and no exposure and not from a high exposure work environment ....it is not covered by health insurance unless you are from the latter group
Posted By: GaryB

Re: cost of test in SXM - 08/09/2020 11:39 AM

I posted the information so a person could budget the expense. If you can get the cost back from your insurance is an individual option you can look into.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline