TravelTalkOnline

Health info

Posted By: garymoe

Health info - 11/06/2020 01:52 PM

Hi all,
We are hoping to return Match 2021. I say hoping as who knows what will happen between now and then. We were on island last March when airport shut down. I do not want to go through that again!!

I read the requirements issued by the SXM government and read the posts of recent travelers. One thing I read that I have not seen reviewed is the requirement to take and report your temperature everyday for 14/8 days depending on country of origin. This would not be a deal breaker for me but would like to hear what others have done or plan to do.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Health info - 11/06/2020 01:54 PM

My understanding is that they will send you an email each day, you are to take your temperature in the morning and respond to the email with that information. I have one of those touchless forehead thermometers that we're taking with us to do this. Not sure I understand your question, but that's what we're going to do.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Health info - 11/06/2020 02:02 PM

GaKaye, in a previous thread here somewhere someone stated the forehead thermometer wasn't accurate. Don't understand why not.

The question I have is what's to stop someone from just answering the sent email with a made-up temp. reading?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Health info - 11/06/2020 02:04 PM

The temperature thing is kind of annoying, but not overall a big deal, other than it requires you to be online every day, and a lot of people try to disconnect on vacation. Supposedly first thing in the morning, you're supposed to take your temp and email it to the proper authorities. Of course, they have NO idea whether you actually took your temp or just made something up, but that's another story.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Health info - 11/06/2020 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by RonDon
GaKaye, in a previous thread here somewhere someone stated the forehead thermometer wasn't accurate. Don't understand why not.

I've read that the forehead ones normally register a little low, and that's my experience testing it out. Regardless, "they" won't know what kind of device I'm using, if any, to report my temperature. I agree that it's pretty much worthless, but maybe it's a CYA kind of thing in their mind.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Health info - 11/06/2020 02:21 PM

RonDon--absolutely nothing, which is why it is a BS requirement.
Posted By: phillygirl7

Re: Health info - 11/06/2020 04:19 PM

I just look up “Ehas” in my email every day and then take my forehead temperature. If I put in 97.6; the portal rounds up to 98. I stopped into Sapphire yesterday to get my hair cut and they had a touch less temperature check that you have to do before you enter. That was pretty slick.
Posted By: phillygirl7

Re: Health info - 11/06/2020 04:21 PM

Also hand sanitizers everywhere and most make sure you are using them.
Posted By: garymoe

Re: Health info - 11/06/2020 04:24 PM

Thanks to all who replied. The only reason I questioned this requirement is, of the few people who have visited I don’t recall that they commented on it. I am a “ rules” person so if we go I will do as instructed. And, yes, I agree it really is not enforceable. Kind of like here in Maine. People from NY are suppose to quarantine for 14 days. An impossible mandate to enforce. Such is the world we live in.
Posted By: Jaybird

Re: Health info - 11/06/2020 10:02 PM

We just returned last week and did report our temperature everyday. They send you an email everyday asking you to do it before breakfast and give you the link to report it. It is no big deal.Take a thermometer.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline