TravelTalkOnline

I will do whatever it takes to return to SXM

Posted By: sxmmartini

I will do whatever it takes to return to SXM - 11/07/2020 10:46 PM

I will do whatever it takes to return to St. Maarten. If I have to have a COVID-19 vaccine or an app that shows that I am a healthy person worthy to travel and have no diseases that can harm other humans or animals I will do it.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: I will do whatever it takes to return to SXM - 11/07/2020 11:38 PM

Thanks Dear , be positive .
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: I will do whatever it takes to return to SXM - 11/08/2020 12:11 AM

Three days ago you were an anti-vaxxer. What's changed?
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: I will do whatever it takes to return to SXM - 11/08/2020 01:44 AM

just waiting for covid test results..........24-48 hours
already at 36 hours, so expect something by tomorrow which is well within acceptable limits as departure dat is tuesday
Posted By: 320sycamore

Re: I will do whatever it takes to return to SXM - 11/08/2020 11:15 AM

A little more hassle for sure but entirely worth it.
Yesterday afternoon watching from the beach, around ten big planes landed. As others have said the people here are very appreciative to have business. Would estimate there are about one third the normal number of vacationing people here but the numbers seemed higher yesterday than 4 days ago.

With outdoor dining and summer climate, as well as the usual safeguards being practiced with masks worn by servers and hand sanitizer stations at every restaurant, life best protocols are being practiced With something like 75 active cases here it does not appear the rate of new infections is increasing like in the US..

Best advice I read here was to get your test as early as possible within the 120 hours. AA checked at the ticketing counter for the letter from the tester and the letter frm St Maarten saying you are allowed to come (showed them from our phones). There was not an option for online check in.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: I will do whatever it takes to return to SXM - 11/08/2020 02:13 PM

That's a quick reversal of a previous post you made.
Posted By: Southshore

Re: I will do whatever it takes to return to SXM - 11/08/2020 05:17 PM

As you say, people are appreciative of the business. A friend who lives on another island in need of tourists (Bermuda) told me that in the second quarter of 2020, Bermuda made only $70,000.00 from tourism. Normally, that figures would be nearly $200,000,000.00. I am sure that the numbers for SXM would be similar if not even more disappointing.

Let's hope that we can soon get back to travelling to the places that mean so much to us.
Posted By: JoeC047

Re: I will do whatever it takes to return to SXM - 11/09/2020 01:51 PM

I am here in SXM now, no crowds, no problem meeting the requirements.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline