TravelTalkOnline

Flying home to NY. What does this mean?

Posted By: kim

Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/13/2020 07:29 PM

JetBlue video

Does everyone that fly’s into NY need to get tested on island before leaving??
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/13/2020 08:07 PM

For any traveler who has traveled outside of New York for more than 24 hours, such traveler must seek testing prior to departure from that state, within 72 hours of departure, prior to arrival in New York.

I would equate "State" with country but that's my opinion

From this link

Edit: actually I will remove "opinion" from the above. Pretty clear that there is a required test prior to arrival AND a few days after arrival
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/13/2020 08:18 PM

New York has just had strict guidelines put in place, better to avoid New York altogether in my opinion.
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/13/2020 08:32 PM

New York City had 1,662 new cases yesterday, Nov. 12th. Pretty much out of control!
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/13/2020 08:47 PM

I just re-read your question....if you are flying back through or into NY to go to another state the NY issues/requirements do not apply.....

Re: Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/13/2020 09:23 PM

Thanks. That’s what I gathered.
Posted By: johnhill

Re: Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/14/2020 12:48 AM

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory Check the NYS health Department covid travel site.
Posted By: johnhill

Re: Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/14/2020 12:54 AM

According to the CDC web site St Maarten and Saint Martin are level 3 high risk covid and as such a test is required before arriving in a New York airport if that is the final destination airport.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/14/2020 11:16 AM

Kim, we just did the JB JFK trip. So long as you are not in NY more than 24 hours you are exempt. And you don't have to sign up in their portal. We called them (and they answered the phone!) to confirm as the regs were not clear. You WILL, however, have to get one for CT!
Posted By: laughingirish

Re: Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/14/2020 04:25 PM

We did get back to NY from the Caribbean 11/12 and expect when you leave customs they will be waiting with covid docs in hand to be filled out. There is no way around these NYS restrictions of 4 day quarantine. On 4th day a new covid must be obtained to be cleared. If you maybe a essential worker there are exemptions in place to accommodate.

Re: Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/14/2020 04:31 PM

Not if she's transiting through. Only if you are in NY 25 hours or more.
Posted By: dmwieser

Re: Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/15/2020 01:30 AM

The NY quarantine/testing requirements are only for the residents and people staying in New York. From the Jet Blue announcement “people arriving from states bordering NY, including CT, MA, NJ, PA & VT are exempt from these restrictions”

Re: Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/15/2020 02:10 AM

This was the direct message from JB. I don’t think they even know. I’m not gonna worry landing in NY and driving/limo to CT

Attached picture 876D3A38-4871-4A29-9643-6345FB4071D1.jpeg

Re: Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/15/2020 11:04 AM

And if you call, they will tell you what I said above. We called.

Re: Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/15/2020 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by BillandElaine
And if you call, they will tell you what I said above. We called.

Yup. Crazy! I know the rules change daily!!!! Thanks for the updates. I’m coming hell or high water!!!!
Posted By: sxmfantoo

Re: Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/17/2020 02:34 AM

Does anyone know if there are there places to easily get tested in SXM to meet the NY State requirement to be test 72 hours before arrival back in NY?
Posted By: Rasputin

Re: Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/17/2020 04:59 AM

Kim:

self-quarantine for 14 days and don't leave your house for 14 days when you get back to CT and you should be all set.
So are you really going to self-quarantine for 14 days?
That also means you do not leave your house and no goes to your house for Thanksgiving!
Is that your part of your plans?
Or maybe get an inaccurate test smile

Re: Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/17/2020 12:13 PM

Yes. https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Medical-Lab/Health-Care-Laboratory-SXM-1288166324649377/ results in 24 hours. We had our test at 10 am results in hand by 4 pm

Re: Flying home to NY. What does this mean? - 11/17/2020 03:58 PM

Well thanksgiving is fine as I’m
Not leaving until after Christmas. Two weeks at home - doable as I work from home. But will get tested. Easily done where we live.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline