TravelTalkOnline

I was approved, husband denied

Posted By: GaKaye

I was approved, husband denied - 11/17/2020 11:43 PM

Forgive me for not searching to find the answer to this, but I'm a little freaked out right now. David and I both had our tests yesterday, got our negative results today, and submitted our applications. Mine was approved in less than an hour, and his was declined a few minutes ago. The reasons given were that the lab report didn't specify the lab name, date, type of sample, etc, etc. It specified all of that. I read here that someone else had a similar problem, but I don't remember how they solved it. David tried to respond to the email, but it was bounced back, so he's submitting another application. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE: David submitted another application, along with an email to the Minister of Health. His second application was approved, and he received a response to his email that the first denial was an error. All of this occurred within less than four hours of our initial submissions, so things are being done quickly. We'll be there Saturday!!

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/17/2020 11:52 PM

There have been other reports of this. I believe upon resubmission (and possibly a little more information) everything went through for the others who experienced this. I will see if I can find the posts.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/17/2020 11:52 PM

So sad to hear and hoping everything works out well . We also have a few people having the same problem . One suppose to arrive tomorrow , prayers and another this week -end.
Posted By: gomer36

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/17/2020 11:57 PM

It almost sounds like the file didn't attach properly or possibly was corrupted during transmission and they couldn't read all or part of it...I haven't submitted ours yet, so I'm not familiar with the method that they provide or generate their feedback on their end..it could be just check boxes on their end and those generate the "reasons" in their response. Might not be a "couldn't read it" choice for them to select. I would do exactly as you say and resubmit the application, particularly because they accepted yours.

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/17/2020 11:58 PM

Thank you, JD. He's resubmitted his application, and sent an email to the contact address. We have plenty of time, so I'm sure we'll get it worked out, but it would be great if we could read how others solved the problem.

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 12:04 AM

I did a quick search and came up empty but I know it has been discussed a time or two. Good luck!
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 12:08 AM

Want to remember the people said they both used the same email at first and had your result. Submitted the spouse under separate email address and got success.

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 12:19 AM

We used two different email addresses at the beginning for just this reason, so that's not the answer. But thanks for the suggestion!
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 12:32 AM

Good luck
Posted By: Shelby2

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 12:49 AM

Perhaps this thread? http://www.traveltalkonline.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/239541/Searchpage/1/Main/34060/Words/%2BResubmit/Search/true/my-testing-ga.html#Post239541
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 12:51 AM

Honestly I just can not jump thru hoops right now to return to SXM. I miss it so much like many others but will wait till things relax with all the restrictions. I had my teeth cleaned today at my dentist office and had my hair cut, it seems like normal stuff but even that had my blood pressure up. I am hoping to return in 2021 and being at our villa after almost a year of absence.
No hurricanes so now that the hurricane season is slowing down we can open the shutters and look forward to a possible January return.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 12:59 AM

Resubmitting is the right thing to do and contacting the Ministry of Health at the email address is the right thing to do. My first submission was rejected, I saw that I had checked the wrong box and resubmitted and it went right through. In my initial pAnic I reached out to ministry of health and they told me they'd watch my new submission. Have faith, it will go through.

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 01:01 AM

Thank you. I'm sure it will work out, but it's so stressful!

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 01:10 AM

UPDATE: David submitted another application, along with an email to the Minister of Health. His second application was approved, and he received a response to his email that the first denial was an error. All of this occurred within less than four hours of our initial submissions, so things are being done quickly. We'll be there Saturday!!

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 01:14 AM

Congrats, where will you all be staying?

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 01:15 AM

We're at La Vista Beach for three weeks.
Posted By: thesimpsons

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 01:18 AM

Yay!
Posted By: jenniboston

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 01:21 AM

I'm glad it worked out in the end! Have a good (and safe) trip!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 01:48 AM

👍👏 have a great trip.

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 01:57 AM

Safe travels

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by GaKaye

Good deal. Hope you have a good trip.
Posted By: BenP

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 11:24 AM

GaKaye,

My experience was a little different but the same result. I got the standard ‘everything is wrong with your lab results’ when in fact it was only missing one piece of information. I had to get the testing facility to send the correct info to the lab “Quest Diagnostics” in order to get my results updated. I resubmitted the corrected results with a new online application and is was approved in under an hour. I had submitted my wife’s app and results separately and they were approved so I was able to look at her results to see what was missing from mine.

I really can appreciate your frustrations because I was panicked waiting to see whether it would be approved or not. Nerve racking to say the least. Neither of our results showed the type of specimen collected nor specifically said the RT-PCT was performed. The test was a NAAT which supposedly includes the RT-PCR protocol and implies a deep nasal specimen sample was taken. I was assured by a lab representative that this is the test being used and accepted for travel but obviously they don’t speak for St. Martin.

No where on the government website does it say the NAAT test is acceptable. This only added to my worries about what was wrong with my results until I submitted my wife’s app as a test and hers was approved. I think some of the people reviewing the applications are probably more thorough than others.

I’m glad it worked out for you and it’s definitely worth the hassle to get here!

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 11:34 AM

Ben, our tests weren't the deep swab either, so that was an added concern until we both received approval. They were rt-PCR tests, but not the nasopharyngeal test supposedly required by SXM. I think they're relaxing their requirements, unofficially, with high season approaching.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 12:51 PM

My arrival for today just got theirs at 7.00am , hooray.

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kennys
My arrival for today just got theirs at 7.00am , hooray.

Yes, I know who that is! We were sweating bullets!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 03:59 PM

Georgia--glad you got it resolved! Enjoy your trip!
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 06:21 PM

So jealous of you Georgia! Have a great time....once you are there, the stress of the hoops you had to jump through will fade away.....

smile
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 07:03 PM

Have a wonderful time!!

smile
Posted By: RICKnGRACE_LI_NY

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 09:03 PM

All’s well that ends well! Enjoy your trip!
Posted By: weeks5051

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/18/2020 11:05 PM

Have a great time. Please tell Andrea that the Schwartz and Cohen families say hi.
Posted By: wildbill069

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/21/2020 05:10 PM

Sane thing here I was approved & Pat was not for the same reasons I resubmitted Pats using a different Email and was approved !!!
We will see everyone tomorrow !!!
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/21/2020 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by wildbill069
Sane thing here I was approved & Pat was not for the same reasons I resubmitted Pats using a different Email and was approved !!!

Have a great time!!

Did you use the at home kits again?
Just asking so people know with all the confusion.

smile

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/21/2020 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by The_Lurker
Originally Posted by wildbill069

Have a great time!!

Did you use the at home kits again?
Just asking so people know with all the confusion.

smile

Just to be clear as we do not want any erroneous information posted that may have a negative impact on ANYONE trying to get to the island. With what is currently posted on the SXM Travel Requirements website, results from Home Test kits are NOT acceptable. Perhaps some are getting through but I would highly caution anyone trying to travel with the results from a home test.

SXM TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS

Pay close attention to paragraph #4 as the home test kit is addressed.

I know the type of acceptable test is changing soon but until or unless the SXM Travel Requirements are updated to reflect acceptance of Home Test Kits, you are on your own and could have some problems. Personally, I would NOT take the chance at this time.

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/21/2020 07:18 PM

Bill--Georgia specifically did not submit both applications with the same email address, so that wasn't the problem in her case. If it were me, I would have re-submitted the application, as she did, in case the denial was incorrect in the first place. Did you use the home test the first time? As JD said, people should not plan on submitting those home tests at this time, since they are specifically not authorized, according to the SXM website. Sounds like you're good to go now though, so enjoy!!
Posted By: lcote

Re: I was approved, husband denied - 11/23/2020 01:43 PM

These are good to hear. We are going in two weeks!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline