TravelTalkOnline

Good Morning!

Posted By: biglar

Good Morning! - 11/25/2020 10:56 PM

Does anyone know if the "Good Morning" restaurant in Orient Village is still in business and open? For the past couple of years I would usually buy our breakfast there. Also bought sandwiches to take to the beach from them.
Posted By: BenP

Re: Good Morning! - 11/25/2020 11:37 PM

As fate would have it, we were there this morning! My wife and I had croissants and coffee. Maria had an almond croissant and I had a chocolate. The coffee and pastries are exceptional!
Posted By: deputydog1157

Re: Good Morning! - 11/26/2020 12:36 AM

The owner is a great guy. We were on the island for a week in June last year and went there for breakfast 5 of the 7 days. As biglar said, we also bought sandwiches there to take to the Club O beach. We love that restaurant.
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Good Morning! - 11/26/2020 04:30 PM

He is a great guy. He went out of his way to help us with a couple issues not related to his shop. We were renting above his place and ate breakfast several times and also got great beach sandwiches there. It's a great smell to wake up to!
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Good Morning! - 11/26/2020 05:06 PM

Also, on the other end of those shops Le Douze has reopened as Le Cosy corner - Elodie is still the proprietor. And the pasta store, On Dirait Le Sud (It's just like the South) is open - great stuff.
Posted By: BenP

Re: Good Morning! - 11/26/2020 09:04 PM

We went into On Dirait Le Sud for the first time on Tuesday and it was really nice! We saw the homemade pasta sign outside and thought it would be worth a shot and were definitely not disappointed. We bought a nice pecorino with black pepper corns and some crostini for our appetizer along with spinach and ricotta ravioli with a simple marinara sauce that was a perfect compliment. We also got a decent Chianti and a chocolate tart to round out our meal. It wasn’t cheap, around $75 euro, but we got more than enough for the two of us and thought it was a good value with exceptional quality. Beyond the price, it was a whole lot better than I could have whipped up on the fly in our condo. The owner/chef was very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely make this one our regular meals in the future!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Good Morning! - 11/27/2020 01:22 AM

Dinner for 2 with wine for 75 euro isn't bad at all. I'd take that any day.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Good Morning! - 11/27/2020 01:46 AM

It's a fantastic place with very cool stuff. They got a chunk of pecorino in that price as well.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline