TravelTalkOnline

Bernadine Ali

Posted By: jazzgal

Bernadine Ali - 11/28/2020 01:51 AM

I just saw on Facebook that Bernadine, animal lover extraordinaire who sold rum by the Paradise View restaurant, has passed away. I have no information beyond that.
Posted By: biglar

Re: Bernadine Ali - 11/28/2020 02:04 AM

She just loved her animal friends. On my last visit, I stopped to say Hi and she asked me if I could drive her and a few cats to the vet on the Dutch side of the island. After the vet she asked if I could take her to the grocery store. After eventually returning back to her home, she asked if I could now drive her to the Police Station on the French side. Sure, why not. About three hours after I went to visit with her, I returned back to Orient Village to try and explain to my wife where I had been. She was a very interesting, but wonderful animal lover.

Re: Bernadine Ali - 11/28/2020 02:52 AM

I remember that story from your trip report.
Posted By: dkupersmith

Re: Bernadine Ali - 11/28/2020 03:06 AM

I always loved spending time with Bernadine.
She will be missed.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Bernadine Ali - 11/28/2020 03:33 AM

RIP

Re: Bernadine Ali - 11/28/2020 04:21 AM

I have since learned she passed away on November 18 from cancer; she was in the Marigot hospital.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Bernadine Ali - 11/28/2020 10:27 AM

Condolences. I met her a few years ago.
Posted By: Angelface

Re: Bernadine Ali - 11/28/2020 11:59 AM

I’m on island now (leave today) and am just devastated by this news. She had become a staple of our visits, to the point where I would bring her provisions from my parents garden and she would make my dad and brother her famous oxtail. Naturally we purchased all our rum, bbq and hot sauce from her to bring home, but we really looked forward to seeing her every year. I knew she had health struggles and hoped she would pull thru. My prayers to all who knew and loved her. May she Rest In Peace frown
Posted By: pony600

Re: Bernadine Ali - 11/28/2020 06:35 PM

Apparently, her partner still lives there without water or electricity, caring for the cats and dogs. Ursula, from the I Love My Island Dog Association is going to try to put something together to help purchase food for the animals. If anyone is interested, I can pass along the info when I find out, if that is allowed here...
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Bernadine Ali - 11/28/2020 10:13 PM

Condolences R.I.P .

Re: Bernadine Ali - 11/29/2020 06:56 PM

If anyone is interested in donating for food for Bernadine's animals, it can be done on the I Love My Island Dog website through PayPal. You will need to put Bernadine, or something like that in the comment section.
ilovemyislanddog.org

Re: Bernadine Ali - 12/01/2020 12:58 PM

I just wanted to add:
For those wanting to donate to the ilovemyislanddog.org site for Bernadine’s animals-
I just went there to donate and the site was in French and euros. On my device, there is a drop down menu in the top left-hand corner that allows you to change to English/ dollars.
Posted By: moxie

Re: Bernadine Ali - 12/03/2020 12:44 AM

Will do for sure, what a great loss to the island. Hope that someone takes over her work.

Re: Bernadine Ali - 12/03/2020 07:25 PM

Thank you. Ursula is trying to get the remaining dogs and cats adopted out as well.
Posted By: JohnInAL

Re: Bernadine Ali - 12/13/2020 12:47 AM

I still have a bottle of her hot sauce. She was a lovely person.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline