TravelTalkOnline

Bruno steps away.

Posted By: Colour1

Bruno steps away. - 11/30/2020 10:45 AM

It's sad to announce, Bruno has stepped away from LaPlaya Beach and restaurant. There is word, that Carole may be taking it over. Let's pray for her!!
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Bruno steps away. - 11/30/2020 11:05 AM

We were at La Playa on Monday, as well as on Thanksgiving day. You are correct thar Bruno has stepped away, and that Carole has taken over the operation of the beach and restaurant. Those who remember her from L'Estaminet in Grand Case can affirm that she is quite capable of the task. Bruno's son Ugo is working as a beach boy there, and the service is excellent as you would expect. The sushi chef from Dreams has joined the team, and our friends who had sushi said it was delicious as always. They've added pizzas to the menu, but were having problems with the pizza oven when we were there. Of course, we will all miss Bruno, but I'm confident that La Playa will continue to be a stellar beach restaurant.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Bruno steps away. - 11/30/2020 11:09 AM

Carole is doing a good job and it is nice having the Sushi Chef from Dreams there now along with the new building. You can still feel the influence from Bruno but I am sure Carole will add her own touches. Ugo is hardworking, I wonder where he got that from?
Cheers,
Todd
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Bruno steps away. - 11/30/2020 02:06 PM

Sorry to hear that. What are his plans, do you know?
Posted By: pony600

Re: Bruno steps away. - 11/30/2020 02:36 PM

We loved Carole and her wonderful restaurant L’Estaminet! Will be looking forward to this when we can ever return! Best wishes to Carole!
Posted By: weeks5051

Re: Bruno steps away. - 11/30/2020 03:14 PM

We sure do remember Carole from L'Estaminet. It was one of our favorite restaurants not just on the island but anywhere. If you see her again give her our regards though she probably won't remember us.
Posted By: Angelface

Re: Bruno steps away. - 11/30/2020 09:57 PM

Was at La Playa on Friday and learned of this news then. The food and service - both in the restaurant and on the beach - were fantastic as always. I wish Bruno well in his future endeavors!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline