TravelTalkOnline

American couple to sponsor repair of airport pelicans

Posted By: Carol_Hill

American couple to sponsor repair of airport pelicans - 02/22/2021 03:35 PM

Daily Herald story

To me, the government should be paying for this, but glad some folks are stepping up.
Posted By: blackmercedes

Re: American couple to sponsor repair of airport pelicans - 02/22/2021 03:42 PM

Finally. I mentioned this in a post one time about raising money to do this, last year I think, and could not believe all of the mean responses that came back.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: American couple to sponsor repair of airport pelicans - 02/22/2021 03:43 PM

That is great. Goverment sould have done this long ago. Can't be that expensive.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: American couple to sponsor repair of airport pelicans - 02/22/2021 03:56 PM

I’m surprised the government will accept help. They tend not to like anybody making them look bad. Especially foreigners. So many things could be easily fixed with little effort but obviously few seem to care enough. . Junk cars everywhere, potholes. Etc. love sxm .. not me to say but just imagine what could be. 👍🏖
Posted By: Kennys

Re: American couple to sponsor repair of airport pelicans - 02/22/2021 07:20 PM

Thanks for your help my Dear.

Re: American couple to sponsor repair of airport pelicans - 02/23/2021 02:43 PM

Every time, after the hurricane, when Dave and I got our rental car from Kenny's, that is what we saw first leaving the parking lot and it was always so sad to us. I think, I mentioned a go fund me page or something, and wow...that was brutal from ttol people. But, we are THRILLED that those beautiful birds will be restored again. And, Lesley, we hope to be down as soon as we get our vaccines. Think they are coming out with another shot now, so Dave and I are hoping to be there soon!! WE CAN NOT WAIT to see you! Here are our "pelicans". haha

Attached picture 20210223_093704.jpg
Attached picture 20210223_100704.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: American couple to sponsor repair of airport pelicans - 02/23/2021 03:43 PM

mercedes--I really think that you are mis-remembering, as I think the responses were just that the airport should be fixed first.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: American couple to sponsor repair of airport pelicans - 02/23/2021 03:50 PM

Thanks Dear and looking forward to seeing good Folks once again. Stay safe.

Re: American couple to sponsor repair of airport pelicans - 02/26/2021 01:27 AM

Thank you right back, Lesley. We can not wait to rent our car from YOU soon!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST car rental agency for at least 20 years! We might have been renting from you for more than 20 years!
Posted By: marge

Re: American couple to sponsor repair of airport pelicans - 02/26/2021 10:50 PM

They were working on the Pelican’s wing yesterday. Maybe they could repair the compass by the bridge.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline