TravelTalkOnline

Cruise Ships on Webcam

Posted By: o2bnsxm

Cruise Ships on Webcam - 02/23/2021 06:41 PM

When looking at the "Port St. Martin Webcam", I see several Cruise Ships docked there. It seems like they are always there, or there are always several other Cruise Ships there. Are they docked semi-permanently, or are they there just for the day to restock and refuel? I don't think there are any passengers, only crew. Just wondering if anyone knows.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Cruise Ships on Webcam - 02/23/2021 06:47 PM

Just crew onboard, yes, and they come in periodically to refuel and restock. The port charges if the ship is actually at the dock, so they don't stay there that long.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Cruise Ships on Webcam - 02/23/2021 07:44 PM

Yes and after stocking they would stay out in the Ocean .
Posted By: IslandBoi

Re: Cruise Ships on Webcam - 02/23/2021 08:16 PM

for the 2 weeks we were there in dec/jan, a cruise ship was visible from our balcony in Cupecoy, (looking out towards Saba)...it seemed to slowly move around some daily, but not too far...i wondered how many crew were onboard, as every light on the ship seemed to be lit at night
Posted By: o2bnsxm

Re: Cruise Ships on Webcam - 02/23/2021 08:26 PM

I'm sure just keeping them maintained in running condition is costing the Cruise lines a fortune. They can't just let them sit idle, or it would probably cost even more to get them back up to operating condition when/if paying passengers can start cruising again.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Cruise Ships on Webcam - 02/23/2021 08:49 PM

Here’s a link to a YouTube video which talks about what crew are on board, and what they are doing during the lay up period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwEN3MSlZ5o
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Cruise Ships on Webcam - 02/23/2021 09:49 PM

Thanks and yes they don't make a lot of money but they saved it and food is free.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline