TravelTalkOnline

If St.Maarten/ St. Martin would open up...

Posted By: sxmmartini

If St.Maarten/ St. Martin would open up... - 03/11/2021 08:26 PM

If SXM opened up like Texas and stopped mandatory testing, daily temperature checks and limited outdoor seating it would return to normal before all the other island destinations. It has been a year of lockdowns. No one needs to be told to spread out and wear masks. Wash your hands is something everyone should have been doing since childhood.
OPEN UP!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: If St.Maarten/ St. Martin would open up... - 03/11/2021 08:28 PM

you're entitled to your opinion. I think is it 100% wrong though.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: If St.Maarten/ St. Martin would open up... - 03/11/2021 08:50 PM

I agree....using Texas is probably the worst reference that could have been picked. Baby steps.....but steps ARE needed. Ignorance doesn't make stuff go away
Posted By: Kennys

Re: If St.Maarten/ St. Martin would open up... - 03/11/2021 09:44 PM

No way would we going down that road that Texas took.
Posted By: timnboston

Re: If St.Maarten/ St. Martin would open up... - 03/11/2021 09:57 PM

It might be interesting to see some statistics comparing TX and SXM regarding death rate, infection rate etc. before SXM followed TX's path.
Posted By: BlueGreenWater

Re: If St.Maarten/ St. Martin would open up... - 03/11/2021 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by boucharda
I agree....using Texas is probably the worst reference that could have been picked. Baby steps.....but steps ARE needed. Ignorance doesn't make stuff go away

YES, Texas is the worst possible reference.
Posted By: mort

Re: If St.Maarten/ St. Martin would open up... - 03/11/2021 10:44 PM

I did read today no test needed to enter Belize if you have been vaccinated. Must show vaccination card. Believe it was on a caribbean journey website.

Re: If St.Maarten/ St. Martin would open up... - 03/11/2021 10:46 PM

mort--are you fixing to go to Belize?? Never been there myself..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: If St.Maarten/ St. Martin would open up... - 03/11/2021 11:21 PM

O my. Where do you come up with such ideas?
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: If St.Maarten/ St. Martin would open up... - 03/11/2021 11:34 PM

Personal responsibility. What a novel idea!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: If St.Maarten/ St. Martin would open up... - 03/12/2021 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by GaKaye
Personal responsibility. What a novel idea!

I agree. No nanny state for me.
Posted By: pat

Re: If St.Maarten/ St. Martin would open up... - 03/12/2021 12:03 AM

Can I glom on to that sentiment? We don’t seem to see a lot of people accepting personal responsibility these days.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: If St.Maarten/ St. Martin would open up... - 03/12/2021 12:38 AM

Today, I heard on evening news that total deaths were up 15% over a normal year..........been waiting for an "Excess death figure" to go with all these COVID death figures. I guess in simple math terms, 85% of those that died of covid would of died of something else.......sad to say.

I know, I know.............some perfectly good 60,70,80+folks whio eat right and so forth got hit by the COVID lightning frown

Overall in our state: 93% of covid deaths over 60 years old , 79% over 70 yo, 52% over 80 yo

This is a 60/70 and up killer.

7% of deaths under 59, 1% 40-49, less than 1% under 40

The under 40 crowd could have gone on living while those older than 40 taken varying degrees of caution up to and including total isolation.

The future (prediction)

Within a few months, the vast majority of USA and SXM vulnerable populations will have had the vaccine or chose not to get it (accept the risk).

SO, say by the 4th of July ( 4 months from now), -------- YES OPEN UP.

2021 HIGH SEASON SHOULD BE A GOOD ONE, FINGERS CROSSED
Posted By: kim

Re: If St.Maarten/ St. Martin would open up... - 03/12/2021 12:56 AM

Taken directly from the CDC website

Attached picture Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 7.50.23 PM.png
Posted By: boucharda

Re: If St.Maarten/ St. Martin would open up... - 03/12/2021 12:15 PM

Yup...if you are under 50 and have no medical issues your reasonably good....I'm sure that describes most of us here.....maybe.......or not,

It WILL be interesting to see what the numbers are a couple of weeks after MLB opening day at Texas Stadium...with 49,000+ in attendance. Great herd test....
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: If St.Maarten/ St. Martin would open up... - 03/12/2021 03:24 PM

If St. Martin went down the Texas road, I would cancel our trip. But they won't, they are smarter than that. It may be time to close this thread down Carol! Figures don't lie, but liars figure.

Re: If St.Maarten/ St. Martin would open up... - 03/12/2021 03:30 PM

OK, I'm not sure if you just called some of the people who responded on this thread liars, which is unacceptable, if so, but I agree it is time this thread is closed.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline