TravelTalkOnline

A heads up for future BSV visitors....

Posted By: pat

A heads up for future BSV visitors.... - 04/26/2021 03:58 PM

We’ve been on island here at BSV many times and of course, we always enjoy ourselves but this trip has been a little different for us. The aging thing is starting to take its toll.

This trip did require some changes for us, the main one being in packing and luggage needs. Typically we bring two good sized bags for a two week stay, one of which always goes home filled with dirty clothes and one filled with all the unworn clean things I just knew we were going to need. But didn’t!

I always knew BSV had a laundry service, but having had one negative experience in the past with a drop off service and then, for years being spoiled by using one of the maids at the Towers, I was hesitant to try it.

Silly me, like everything else here, the laundry service is top shelf. You drop the laundry off with one of the maids at the Housekeeping Cottage near the front gate by 9 a.m. and it is returned to you freshly laundered and very nicely folded the next morning at the same time. I was skeptical about using it but having done so this first time, I will definitely plan on using it in the future and pack accordingly. Even DH’s collared polo shirts came back nicely folded and ready to be worn. All this and at a reasonable price. Will definitely use this again in the future.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: A heads up for future BSV visitors.... - 04/26/2021 04:03 PM

Pat--we have used the service several times and always had good experiences. I never dropped it off at housekeeping though, just left it in the room for the maid to take. Guess I was doing it wrong??? grin
Posted By: gomer36

Re: A heads up for future BSV visitors.... - 04/28/2021 12:14 AM

Pat,
We gave it a shot earlier this month too..and it was great as you say. We feel good enough about it that we're going to try to take the massive leap of faith and go all carry-on next trip. We'll see if my wife's thing for shoes actually let's us pull it off.

Re: A heads up for future BSV visitors.... - 04/28/2021 12:21 AM

Good luck on that! We women understand the shoe thing. If you can do it GO FOR IT! I plan to for our Nov trip.😊😊
Posted By: Kennys

Re: A heads up for future BSV visitors.... - 04/28/2021 12:31 AM

Curious are you Folks coming back for November ? I see that life is catching up with you good both great and loving couple ?

Re: A heads up for future BSV visitors.... - 04/28/2021 01:34 AM

Lesley,

Not that you would ever say it, but are you suggesting we’re getting old? 😊😊

Life has certainly brought about some changes over the past year but yes. We hope and are currently planning on being there in November of this year if the good Lord’s willing.

In 2023 we will mark our consecutive island trips’ fifty year anniversary. I can’t say how many in total but I’d guess we made at least 75 or so trips over all those years. “So why do we not have a lot of money? “ you might ask? Because we’ve sunk it all into those SXM vacations.

I will contact you once home about November and a potential reservation for our dates. 😊😊

Re: A heads up for future BSV visitors.... - 04/28/2021 12:19 PM

Wow Fifty years , love my Dear . Stay safe and strong .
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: A heads up for future BSV visitors.... - 04/28/2021 06:26 PM

Be wasn't suggesting anything, he boldly stated that you are really old! confused

Re: A heads up for future BSV visitors.... - 04/28/2021 07:05 PM

😊😊

That’s cool - he’s right! We are......

Re: A heads up for future BSV visitors.... - 04/28/2021 07:34 PM

We are all getting there. 😄

Re: A heads up for future BSV visitors.... - 04/28/2021 08:37 PM

We’ve known Lesley since we were all ‘kids’ - all the way back to Holiday Car Rental at Mullet Bay, and yes, we are all getting there but some of us just don’t seem to recognize the fact until it hits us tight between the eyes. 😊😊

Re: A heads up for future BSV visitors.... - 04/28/2021 11:14 PM

I hear ya Dear Pat , hence I walk a lot with my short pants . Just working on my PSA right now .
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: A heads up for future BSV visitors.... - 04/28/2021 11:28 PM

Age is a state of mind.

Re: A heads up for future BSV visitors.... - 04/29/2021 12:14 AM

I hope someone leaves me a note in my casket, letting me know that I have reached my expiration date.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: A heads up for future BSV visitors.... - 04/29/2021 02:24 AM

Or, Georgia ... age is just a number!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: A heads up for future BSV visitors.... - 04/29/2021 02:30 AM

Ya just don't want your number to run out.🤞
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline