TravelTalkOnline

Thermometers

Posted By: doctorj

Thermometers - 05/12/2021 02:12 AM

T minus 3 days 12 hours 49 minutes and 45 seconds until wheels down!

Quick question.

In any circumstances are daily temp checks required?

Let the beach balls rock Orient!

carib cheers,
doctorj
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Thermometers - 05/12/2021 10:01 AM

We get an email every morning to report our temp.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Thermometers - 05/12/2021 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
We get an email every morning to report our temp.

Some do and others have reported not getting the email or getting it part way through their stay. Just another inconsistent and confusing thing the SXM government is doing with regard to tourism.
Posted By: jomarc

Re: Thermometers - 05/12/2021 10:24 AM

We are getting emails every morning to report our temperature in the EHAS portal.

Re: Thermometers - 05/12/2021 11:41 AM

Thanks everyone.
Are you complying?

Can’t wait for wheels down!
carib cheers,
doctorj
Posted By: kim

Re: Thermometers - 05/12/2021 11:48 AM

why wouldn't you comply, just take your temp and email it back. pretty simple
Posted By: dolfer

Re: Thermometers - 05/12/2021 11:59 AM

Exactly, It quickly became a daily routine. Get up, brush our teeth, make the coffee and walk 150ft to the lobby. Put your forehead close to wall mounted thermometer, get your temp and walk back to the room. While sipping the first cup of coffee open up email and send temp. Easy-peasey.

We saw our hotel staff trying so hard to get all of the covid protocols correct that we were compelled to our best to comply also. And I felt that SXM (dutch side) was trying hard too and getting it right.
Posted By: zeus1963

Re: Thermometers - 05/12/2021 12:47 PM

We brought a thermometer but oyster bay has one in the lobby you can use. We get the daily email and do our temps first thing. Takes a minute out of your day.

Re: Thermometers - 05/12/2021 01:02 PM

Easy to do. You get a daily email, click on the link and type in temp and answer 2 questions and hit send. If you don't want to comply do the island a favor and stay home.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Thermometers - 05/12/2021 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
If you don't want to comply do the island a favor and stay home.

wow
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Thermometers - 05/12/2021 05:00 PM

If that is what Sint Maarten requires to visit their island, why would you not comply?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Thermometers - 05/12/2021 05:52 PM

To me, of all the hoops to go through to go to SXM, the temperature check seems the dumbest thing, and the easiest to comply with. Some people have reported they didn't get the emails and others have reported that they forgot to check their email, or that it went into spam, and there were apparently no repercussions TO THOSE WHO HAVE REPORTED THEY DIDN'T COMPLY. Assuming it is still required by June, we will do it.

Re: Thermometers - 05/12/2021 08:28 PM

Sorry you thought we wouldn't comply. We bought a new thermometer and will do it every day that we are asked.
I was just curious since I have seen several reports where people were not getting the emails etc.

Scubaman, A little rough on the response. Thought you were on the island. Time to chill.

Hopefully joining you soon.
carib cheers,
doctorj
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Thermometers - 05/12/2021 09:47 PM

doctor--Yes, I guess everyone is still a little on edge..

Re: Thermometers - 05/12/2021 10:12 PM

I be chilling on da island. No problem man. Love this island and the people. They are trying to make the best of this situation and I get grumpy when visitors don't or indicate they don't like to comply with regulations or requirements.

Re: Thermometers - 05/13/2021 01:28 AM

All good Scubaman,

We were on a twice a year schedule before Covid.

We are all about the Island. We have made so many life long friends that are residents and people from away.

You tend to meet many people in 30 plus years.

So excited to land this weekend.

carib cheers,
doctorj
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Thermometers - 05/13/2021 01:41 AM

To no one in particular: When we were on the island last November/December, we got the daily emails requesting that we report our temperatures. We knew going in that we would need to do that, so we took an infrared thermometer with us. It was easy to do, and we really didn't mind it. We are guests on the island, and if this is what makes them more comfortable welcoming us, then I'm happy to comply. And to be honest, it was somewhat reassuring to get a normal temperature reading each day, as this was before we were vaccinated and while the virus was pretty much unchecked. We actually continued to take our temperature each day, for our own information, for a few days after we got home.

Re: Thermometers - 05/13/2021 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by doctorj

All good Scubaman,

We were on a twice a year schedule before Covid.

We are all about the Island. We have made so many life long friends that are residents and people from away.

You tend to meet many people in 30 plus years.

So excited to land this weekend.

carib cheers,
doctorj

Have a wonderful stay and safe flight. 👍

Re: Thermometers - 05/13/2021 10:08 AM

yes. The process is so simple and quick. Ourr daily email comes 7:04am each morning and takes seconds to fill out. Not an inconvenience for us to do.
Posted By: 2fingers

Re: Thermometers - 05/13/2021 12:35 PM

The process. Some take their temperature and report it.
So some don't get the email. Some goes to spam. Some ignore.

What of those who have a small fever, don't report it and say "F it. I feel fine, and spent several thousand dollars on this vacation. I'm doing what I always do, and going where I always go."

Some social distance 6 feet, although Fauci admitted that "safe distance" was plucked out of thin air.
Some are vaccinated and wear a mask (or two). Those really crack me up.

All part of the theater.

Re: Thermometers - 05/13/2021 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by 2fingers

What of those who have a small fever, don't report it and say "F it. I feel fine, and spent several thousand dollars on this vacation. I'm doing what I always do, and going where I always go."

Those are the few that will keep this island keepng and enforcing all the protocols for tourists to come. I choose to respectably abide the rules.
Posted By: tbaybob

Re: Thermometers - 05/13/2021 04:41 PM

We stay on French side in Grand Case and have spotty wifi.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Thermometers - 05/13/2021 06:00 PM

There is a difference between spotty wifi and no wifi. As far as I know, there is no time limit on responding each day (one day I forgot and sent it in the next morning). Just take your temps in the morning and respond sometime that day when you have access to wifi. Hopefully, that works for you.

Re: Thermometers - 05/14/2021 11:39 AM

Scubaman

Thanks,

27 hours until wheels down!

carib cheers,
doctorj

Re: Thermometers - 05/14/2021 12:14 PM

Da island she be waiting for you. We're off to Pinel today.
Posted By: Bobinmobile

Re: Thermometers - 05/19/2021 09:13 PM

Bought an oral Thermometer at Simpson Bay Pham for $8, it only reads centigrade. Left our laser digital setting on counter in home kitchen.

Emails daily around 7 in the morning.

Re: Thermometers - 05/19/2021 09:16 PM

I just put down 97 every day. You can select C or F on the reporting form.
Posted By: Cincinnati_Kid

Re: Thermometers - 05/20/2021 10:14 AM

I brought my own thermometer . I input 98.6 and it rounds it up to 99. No problem. You can go to the portal via the previous day’s email if you wish, which I just did ten minutes ago.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline