TravelTalkOnline

EU Opening to Vaccinated US Travelers - No Testing - SXM next?

Posted By: IslandBoi

EU Opening to Vaccinated US Travelers - No Testing - SXM next? - 05/19/2021 06:01 PM

sounds like the EU will be open to vaccinated tourists as early as next Monday, without requiring quarantine or COVID testing...final details on the new policy should come out tomorrow, Thursday...hopefully this will soon be implemented in SXM

EU Opening to Vaccinated Tourists
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: EU Opening to Vaccinated US Travelers - No Testing - SXM next? - 05/19/2021 06:30 PM

Sounds good to me, but SXM seems to follow the EU rules when it suits them! grin
Posted By: CaribEagle

Re: EU Opening to Vaccinated US Travelers - No Testing - SXM next? - 05/19/2021 06:57 PM

This would be awesome if adopted by SXM!!
Posted By: timnboston

Re: EU Opening to Vaccinated US Travelers - No Testing - SXM next? - 05/19/2021 07:19 PM

Why wouldn't it suit them Carol? It would certainly increase tourism. Or am I just being naïve hoping SXM will do the smart logical thing?

Re: EU Opening to Vaccinated US Travelers - No Testing - SXM next? - 05/19/2021 07:25 PM

i just want to be done with testing...we've had 6 over the past year, and luckily we were able to cancel our 7th scheduled for today, since we no longer need it for Friday's travel...hopefully the one required to return to the US from SXM will be our last
Posted By: CaribEagle

Re: EU Opening to Vaccinated US Travelers - No Testing - SXM next? - 05/19/2021 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by IslandBoi
i just want to be done with testing...we've had 6 over the past year, and luckily we were able to cancel our 7th scheduled for today, since we no longer need it for Friday's travel...hopefully the one required to return to the US from SXM will be our last

IslandBoi- did I miss something why do you no longer need a covid test for travel to SXM this Friday?

Re: EU Opening to Vaccinated US Travelers - No Testing - SXM next? - 05/19/2021 07:40 PM

sorry for the confusion, we had a rapid antigen test scheduled for this afternoon, as a backup in case there was a problem with the rt-PCR tests we took earlier this week...but my wife's application was finally pre-approved by SXM this morning, so we're good now, no need for the backup antigen test

Re: EU Opening to Vaccinated US Travelers - No Testing - SXM next? - 05/19/2021 07:46 PM

tim--SXM requirements overall have been among the most strict in the Caribbean, OTHER THAN islands requiring quarantine, and places like Anguilla, who have prohibited visitors all together. And to assume that SXM would do something considered logical, is often a stretch...
Posted By: NeilRooney

Re: EU Opening to Vaccinated US Travelers - No Testing - SXM next? - 05/19/2021 08:22 PM

Carol,

Anguilla reopens next Tuesday with a quarantine period. From July 01 only fully vaccinated people (three weeks after second dose of vaccine) can enter Anguilla and no quarantine.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: EU Opening to Vaccinated US Travelers - No Testing - SXM next? - 05/19/2021 09:06 PM

🤞

Re: EU Opening to Vaccinated US Travelers - No Testing - SXM next? - 05/19/2021 10:07 PM

Neil--is there going to be any change to day trip requirements from SXM? As in, no day trips from SXM until July 1??

Re: EU Opening to Vaccinated US Travelers - No Testing - SXM next? - 05/20/2021 09:35 AM

If I understand it correctly, day trips will be possible, but only to those who are fully vaccinated. This is starting July 01, until then, no day trips.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: EU Opening to Vaccinated US Travelers - No Testing - SXM next? - 05/20/2021 10:43 AM

Sounds like a good logical next step.

It would be nice to ditch the testing at both ends.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: EU Opening to Vaccinated US Travelers - No Testing - SXM next? - 05/20/2021 09:03 PM

Wow - that's great news! I am on island until July 5 so will do a day trip to Anguilla before I leave. Such good news!

Re: EU Opening to Vaccinated US Travelers - No Testing - SXM next? - 05/21/2021 09:13 AM

Another update from Anguilla Government, as of July 01 you still need to apply to travel to Anguilla and have a negative test 3 to 5 days prior to arrival. So......seems like day trips are not happening.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: EU Opening to Vaccinated US Travelers - No Testing - SXM next? - 05/21/2021 10:08 AM

Thank God for that!!! I'm glad you two are on your way to paradise!! It seems to me, that, for some unknown reason some of us get denied???? Happened to me!! With less than 48 hours at that point, making calls for a day. Getting NOWHERE!! Thank God, a friend of a friend, looked over the paperwork and "fixed" the problem. I pray that with a valid vaccine card proof in the near future this testing BS will all go away!! We are booked for Oct-Nov!! Don't want to wait three days to clam down when we arrive!!

Re: EU Opening to Vaccinated US Travelers - No Testing - SXM next? - 05/21/2021 12:50 PM

Neil--We will be there and gone before July 1, but thanks for the info. Hopefully day trips can happen pretty soon.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline