TravelTalkOnline

Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test

Posted By: BillandElaine

Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/26/2021 09:40 PM

๐…๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฏ๐š๐œ๐œ๐ข๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ž ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฏ๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ ๐’๐ญ. ๐Œ๐š๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ
In the coming weeks, St. Maarten will allow fully vaccinated people to travel here without requiring a COVID-19 test, VSA Minister Omar Ottley said in the Council of Ministers Press Briefing today, Wednesday.
This no-test travel will only apply to people who received the vaccines of Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, Moderna and AstraZeneca. Travellers must be fully vaccinated two or more weeks before travelling to St. Maarten.
No date was given when this no-test travel will take effect for residents and visitors coming to St. Maarten.
Several countries have started the process of allowing fully vaccinated people to travel to/visit without a COVID-19 test.
(Source: Govt. of St. Maarten)
Posted By: blackmercedes

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/26/2021 09:44 PM

YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Cincinnati_Kid

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/26/2021 09:46 PM

That is great news ! I wonder what proof of vaccination SXM will require...I am sure they will spell that out for us...
Posted By: Todd

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/26/2021 10:03 PM

Fantastic news! Thanks Elaine! Now if we could get back to the US without a brain swab.
I assume they know if you are vaccinated by a scan for the chip, sure hope they got mine placed correctly!
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/26/2021 10:29 PM

Wish the effective date would be SOON as I arrive June 5, but I am sure it won't be that soon.
Posted By: Jaybird

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/26/2021 10:32 PM

Wonderful news. Hopefully the US will do the same too.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/26/2021 11:35 PM

Doubt it will help us for our trip in June, but hopefully by October!!!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/26/2021 11:38 PM

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Posted By: thesimpsons

Re: ๐…๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฏ๐š๐œ๐œ๐ข๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ž ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฏ๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ ๐’๐ญ. ๐Œ๐š๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก - 05/26/2021 11:49 PM

I would imagine your vaccination card.

Todd, good one!๐Ÿ˜†
Posted By: erb923

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/26/2021 11:49 PM

Awesome, have a Dec trip coming up, will be nice!
Posted By: bobbarb

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/27/2021 02:34 AM

That is great news as we are going the end of October so hopefully it will be in effect by then.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/27/2021 05:01 AM

My prayers have been answered!!! What we went through back in March-April was a near heart attach!!! We got the "J&J" shot as soon as we got home!! We made copies and put the originals in a travel folder for this reason!! SXM here we come!!!
Posted By: Wingman

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/27/2021 09:52 AM

This is such great news. Was not looking forward to all the testing requirements for our fall trip.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/27/2021 10:12 AM

Excellent step....removes a little (a lot) of stress from vacation planning....
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/27/2021 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Todd
Fantastic news! Thanks Elaine! Now if we could get back to the US without a brain swab.
I assume they know if you are vaccinated by a scan for the chip, sure hope they got mine placed correctly!

What chip?

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/27/2021 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by RonDon

What chip?

Didn't you get one. It was a tracking device that follows every move and purchase you make. ๐Ÿ˜„
Posted By: jenniboston

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/27/2021 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Originally Posted by RonDon

What chip?

Didn't you get one. It was a tracking device that follows every move and purchase you make. ๐Ÿ˜„

Iโ€™m STILL waiting for the 5G to kick in! ๐Ÿ˜œ
Posted By: reddoglady

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/27/2021 12:13 PM

yay we are hoping to come in november
Posted By: Cincinnati_Kid

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/27/2021 12:35 PM

The Ohio Governor set up a million dollar lottery open only to people who have been vaccinated. Some pushback. I think it is ridiculous !
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/27/2021 01:05 PM

Glad to see they've come to their senses with this. Hopefully, all that will be needed in your CDC Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination card (not sure what our Canadian friends receive when they get vaccinated). I did learn earlier this week that for travel to some European countries (i.e., Spain) that the CDC card is all that is needed for entry along with an online form for informational purposes. SXM should follow suit with this approach.

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/27/2021 01:26 PM

Wonder when the US will follow suit?

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/27/2021 01:53 PM

Good question! grin
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/27/2021 02:35 PM

Hopefully soon! But, the St. Maarten decision is huge in so many ways. The economy of SXM should steadily improve given the return of cruise ship passengers this fall or winter. Although my numbers are likely out-of-date, in an average year 1,800,000 cruise ship passengers (and crew) disembark at the port in Philipsburg and bring $423 million in direct income to the island. Not all in Philipsburg, but we've all met cruise ship passengers on Maho and Mullet Bay, and so many on Orient Beach that it's impossible to count. Cruise ship lines like Celebrity will require 100% fully vaccinated passengers and crew on all upcoming sailings, and let's hope all of these lines will now start putting SXM back on their Caribbean ports-of-call lists. Another half million tourists arrive annually through PJIA, and those numbers could steadily improve if all that is needed is a COVID vaccination. I suppose the question that still lingers is requirement to purchase medical insurance for vaccinated persons after arriving?

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/27/2021 02:52 PM

Sammy--that's a good question regarding insurance, but my personal opinion is that the insurance is effectively worthless and is just a way for the insurance companies to make money, so it will probably stay for a while.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/27/2021 04:18 PM

Will help businesses on the Island to survive.
Posted By: CanuckTravlr

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/27/2021 10:03 PM

This is really good news for travel to the island and for encouraging visitors. In Canada, while about 55% of the population now has received at least one dose, only about 5% is fully vaccinated so far. Second doses are expected to start ramping up quickly in June.

At the current time in Ontario, you get a printed document issued by the Ministry of Health at the time of your first vaccine dose. As of this week, you can now access a digital PDF document which will show the details of both doses by using your health card number. I'm sure other provinces will be doing something similar. The Government of Canada, along with other countries, and particularly the G7 countries, is looking at what some sort of standardized international vaccine travel document might look like, whether something digital or something akin to the long-used International Certificate of Vaccination (Yellow Card or Carte Jaune).

I fully expect most of this to be ironed out by the time we are set to arrive in SXM in mid-January. I'm looking forward to the travel being more "normal".
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/27/2021 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Sammy--that's a good question regarding insurance, but my personal opinion is that the insurance is effectively worthless and is just a way for the insurance companies to make money, so it will probably stay for a while.

And, as far as we know, it has YET to be used. NO positive cases that have surfaced here or on any other social media. Go figure. It is a cash cow and it will stay around.

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/28/2021 01:17 PM

It was absolutely a different experience than the usual when we went end of April. The testing, the insurance, the entry paperwork, submitting temps...but worth all of the hastle because being there finally after over a year was PRICELESS. Going back beginning of August.

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/28/2021 01:57 PM

Have a friend coming this weekend filled out EHAS and it is now asking if you are vaccinated.

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/28/2021 02:13 PM

Perhaps they are just taking some stats about what percentage of visitors are currently vaccinated.

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/28/2021 02:16 PM

Yes, could be. The article today said something about tracking that information. Just surprised to see it so quickly

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/28/2021 02:21 PM

Article in today's Daily Herald

Doesn't say anything about timing, other than 'in the coming weeks'.. Not sure what they are talking about with the QR code. Track people doing what???

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/28/2021 02:22 PM

Never does! LOL
Posted By: pat

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/28/2021 03:52 PM

[/quote]
And, as far as we know, it has YET to be used. NO positive cases that have surfaced here or on any other social media. Go figure. It is a cash cow and it will stay around.[/quote]

Why am I thinking they will not abandon the insurance and fee for same? Great source of island income IF they can get away with maintaining it........

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/28/2021 04:29 PM

Source of income for the insurance company! If it's been used, we will never know
Posted By: Maranjo

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/29/2021 02:56 AM

Has anyone know of anyone who has tested positive, when leaving St. Martin?
Posted By: LizChelsea

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/29/2021 11:22 AM

The woman in front of me at Sun Pharmacy on Thursday tested positive. I donโ€™t know if she was a tourist or local, but the person doing the tests spent several minutes talking to her privately.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/29/2021 03:28 PM

C D C guidelines for Americans traveling internationally...

Attached picture 2351BD9F-9310-49F7-AD0F-73A1E2EE8E28.png
Posted By: ronandcarla

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/29/2021 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by SammyM
Hopefully soon! But, the St. Maarten decision is huge in so many ways. The economy of SXM should steadily improve given the return of cruise ship passengers this fall or winter. Although my numbers are likely out-of-date, in an average year 1,800,000 cruise ship passengers (and crew) disembark at the port in Philipsburg and bring $423 million in direct income to the island. Not all in Philipsburg, but we've all met cruise ship passengers on Maho and Mullet Bay, and so many on Orient Beach that it's impossible to count. Cruise ship lines like Celebrity will require 100% fully vaccinated passengers and crew on all upcoming sailings, and let's hope all of these lines will now start putting SXM back on their Caribbean ports-of-call lists. Another half million tourists arrive annually through PJIA, and those numbers could steadily improve if all that is needed is a COVID vaccination. I suppose the question that still lingers is requirement to purchase medical insurance for vaccinated persons after arriving?

And to think over all the years I've followed this site so many persons have criticized the cruise industry for even the thought of bringing so many passengers to these two countries. For us we have been land vacationers and cruise passengers and we are so glad that the cruise business is coming back to SXM.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/29/2021 05:58 PM

The money from tourists is amazing. I hope it returns to SXM.

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/30/2021 12:48 PM

When we were going on April 20th, there were some people in front of us who were supposed to go the day before, but didn't have the code or paperwork. They were not allowed to go until they had it.

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/30/2021 01:23 PM

Yep. It's been the rule for long time and they enforce it. Last October following our trip to US for dr appts, we were sitting at the gate in JFK. Gate agents were going person to person checking docs. Just down the way from us sat one of our neighbors who was fighting and arguing that he was a homeowner (not a resident) and the rules did not apply to him. They were still arguing when we boarded the plane and he was not on the flight. No docs, no plane ride.

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/30/2021 01:35 PM

"No docs, no plane ride."
As it should be but we were never asked when we boarded in SEA or in CLT. First time checked was in SXM.

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/30/2021 01:36 PM

Gate agents need training. Hate to get to SXM and be stopped there.

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/30/2021 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by BillandElaine
Gate agents need training. Hate to get to SXM and be stopped there.

It could easily happen if gate agents don't know the process especially if some visitors are ignorant to the requirements to go to St Maarten.

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 05/30/2021 09:58 PM

Wow! We had to show them when we left Erie, Pa. AND in Charlotte!
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 06/02/2021 10:37 PM

Soooo, when doesnโ€™t his become effective? Any scuttlebutt circulating? Why wait?
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 06/03/2021 07:04 AM

I don't want to go through that ever again!! We had a stack of papers going and coming home to choke a horse!! I didn't feel bad for this couple, (JFK) he was a real jerk and thought who the hell is was. No paperwork no fly !!! The cruise ships are going in the direction of valid vaccine cards. I pray this happens soon. We're booked for Oct into Nov!
Posted By: IslandBoi

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 06/03/2021 03:46 PM

we witnessed something like this but for return to US...a couple we had been chatting with in line at the airport were totally caught off guard when an airport employee asked for their test results...they proceeded to show them the results they had used to enter SXM...lol...had no idea they had to be tested in SXM for return to US...lucky for them they offer the testing there at PJIA, which is where the CSR directed them
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 06/03/2021 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by PelicanPirate
Soooo, when doesnโ€™t his become effective? Any scuttlebutt circulating? Why wait?

Huh?
Posted By: Southbound

Re: Fully vaccinated will be able to visit St Maarten without test - 06/04/2021 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Originally Posted by PelicanPirate

Huh?

I'm pretty sure He is asking about when the vaccination in lieu of test will be effective...
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline