TravelTalkOnline

Carole Dutil

Posted By: cruzer

Carole Dutil - 06/18/2021 01:54 PM

Can someone tell me where Carole of L' Estaminet fame is these days?
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Carole Dutil - 06/18/2021 02:05 PM

She was most recently at La Playa, but when Bruno sold the restaurant operation there, she lost her job. To my knowledge, she's not working anywhere at this time.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Carole Dutil - 06/19/2021 12:40 AM

I had heard she is back working at a restaurant in Oyster Pond. Perhaps the creperie restaurant there.
Posted By: davew

Re: Carole Dutil - 06/19/2021 12:47 AM

She is truly nice person....I hope things go well.

Re: Carole Dutil - 06/19/2021 11:04 AM

I just checked my mail archives and found an email address and cell number from 2014. I've sent an email first to see if it's valid.

I'll have to find the name of the restaurant but it might be the one her friend owns that she showed us when we couldn't get back to GCBC for a while because of a strike and spent a few enjoyable hours eating, waiting for the protesters to clear.

Re: Carole Dutil - 06/19/2021 02:34 PM

I've send her a message; she may be working at l'Oasis in Oyster Pond, as she's posting a lot of ads from there.

Re: Carole Dutil - 06/19/2021 03:30 PM

I just heard back from Carole, and she is working at l'Oasis in Oyster Pond.

Re: Carole Dutil - 06/19/2021 05:47 PM

Darn, Carole just told me she works at McDonalds in Marigot. Maybe she's trying to tell me something.

Seriously, we're looking forward to seeing her again.

Re: Carole Dutil - 06/22/2021 02:33 PM

We met Carole on Sunday at L' Oasis in Oyster Pond, and had a little time to chat as she was pretty busy most of time. She's working full time there now. BTW, I've now added L' Oasis to my restaurant list. I especially have to try their more extensive dinner menu.
We also met up yesterday for a drink here at GCBC and got to catch up more fully. She's had a pretty challenging last several years, but seem to be on her feet and happy with her present job. I specifically asked if restaurant ownership is in her future, and got one of her "mmm, possibly, if.." answers. I told her, if she does we'll be there, appetites ablaze, to support her, and many of her previous friends and customers would as well.

She sends her best to all her friends on TTOL, and would love to see you again.

Carol, I'll send you a PM about getting her password updated.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline