TravelTalkOnline

Testing Questions

Posted By: Phyllis

Testing Questions - 06/25/2021 01:45 PM

Hi all - we are considering returning to SXM after such a long drought, and see many different options and terms for tests. Would someone be good enough to explain the process from beginning to end, please? We have our vax, but we'd have to start with a test in the US?

Thank you!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Testing Questions - 06/25/2021 01:56 PM

Hi. First read the links in the first post, pinned to the top of this forum. LINK

Once you read that post and all the links, please post any specific questions.

Re: Testing Questions - 06/26/2021 01:13 AM

Thank you ... if I'm reading it correctly, nothing is done until 72 hours in advance - application, testing, insurance. Is that accurate?
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: Testing Questions - 06/26/2021 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Phyllis
Thank you ... if I'm reading it correctly, nothing is done until 72 hours in advance - application, testing, insurance. Is that accurate?

Get your test at 72 hours. When you have the results you can submit your application. Insurance is the last step of the application.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Testing Questions - 06/26/2021 08:00 AM

Grab some patience, it's a process!!! If you don't know, ask, if you don't know what to print out, print out EVERYTHING!!!Going and returning you'll save yourself a lot of headaches!!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Testing Questions - 06/26/2021 12:29 PM

72 hours for a PCR test, yes. 48 hours for an antigen test.

Re: Testing Questions - 06/26/2021 01:19 PM

Sounds like a leap of faith, having airline/hotel in place and trust that there will be no glitches within those last 72 hours. smile

Thank you, everyone!
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Testing Questions - 06/26/2021 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Phyllis

Other than researching and making the best choices for where you get your tests, yes, that's correct. There are many more options for testing than there were a few months ago.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Testing Questions - 06/26/2021 02:43 PM

I wouldn't cut it too close to that 72 hr window in case your last connecting flight is delayed.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline