TravelTalkOnline

Day 6, 7 & 8

Posted By: RM5 LI

Day 6, 7 & 8 - 06/28/2021 05:29 PM

Day 6 (Thursday 6/24) - Today started out with the Divi Timeshare presentation. Ninety minutes of chit chat and sales pitches but we declined. We are HGVC members and use RCI for exchanges. We got a free Covid test out of it so it only cost $80 instead of $160. Drove around to Marigot, ate lunch at Rosemary's. Had some jerk chicken and ribs. Headed over to Driftwood Bar to watch some planes, then to Mary's Boon for some cocktails.

Day 7 (Friday 6/25) - Last full day here frown . Mid-afternoon was Covid testing time so we decided to stay put at Divi and have a relaxing day enjoying their beach.

Day 8 (Saturday 6/26) - Up early, checked out by 9:15 and drove to SAX to drop off car. Airport check in went smoothly. While waiting at the bar for boarding we heard our names being called. We were among the few who were chosen randomly by TSA Homeland Security to get "frisked". The only good thing about it was that we were able to board before everybody else for the inconvenience. And away we go!

Bill and I had the most amazing time in SXM and will definitely come back again soon. However, a week is no longer good enough for me!
Posted By: pat

Re: Day 6, 7 & 8 - 06/28/2021 05:39 PM

I hear you on that week thing. We started out with a week 40+ years ago and after a lot of wheedling I got DH to extend to ten days which he says is the perfect vacation. That’s what he says!! We’re up to 14 to 18 days but that last only once. Two weeks is quite lovely and I count my blessings for that.

So glad your trip went well and even with slightly less than perfect SXM weather you’re still a fan. Time to book the next one, right? 😊😊
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Day 6, 7 & 8 - 06/28/2021 05:50 PM

Thanks for the report. Yes, 10 days is also about the perfect timeframe for me. After that I get a little antsy.

Re: Day 6, 7 & 8 - 06/28/2021 07:05 PM

I think 12-14 days would work for me.
Thanks Pat! And yes, I'm already looking into booking another trip. smile smile

Re: Day 6, 7 & 8 - 06/28/2021 07:13 PM

Carol, I hope to include photos for any future reports. I know that you gave me the instructions but they just wouldn't post. I'm probably doing something wrong or maybe I don't have something set up in my profile preferences. I'm not sure as this is the first forum that I joined. I'll investigate and I will prevail. smile
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Day 6, 7 & 8 - 06/28/2021 07:40 PM

From the PNW 3-4 weeks is perfect.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Day 6, 7 & 8 - 06/28/2021 07:57 PM

It's really pretty easy to post pictures. Like I said, you just have to be in Use Full Editor mode and upload using Attachment Manager. Don't forget, you can only upload one at a time.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Day 6, 7 & 8 - 06/28/2021 09:42 PM

We started with one week, gradually increased it to two weeks. Even then, time flies by too quickly.
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Day 6, 7 & 8 - 06/28/2021 10:33 PM

Started 26 years ago with one week (my brother-in-law was a developer and offered us a free timeshare exchange). Later, upped it to 8, then 9 and finally 10 days. That was the maximum I could squeeze out while working. Retired 10 years ago and have traveled for 14 to 30 days since then. Given the hassles associated with flying and the costs, 14 days is the minimum I prefer but 21 days is probably the sweet spot. Having three grown children and eight grandchildren, I'm not sure my wife can take much more. Although, it was her who first suggested we stay for a month. Go figure.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Day 6, 7 & 8 - 06/29/2021 02:41 AM

We have a similar story... Started with one week thirty something years ago. Turned that into about nine or ten days. Then bought second week, and now at THREE weeks. No matter how many times we have been there, and even with three weeks, i have never felt that it was the perfect amount of time. Seems like even the three weeks go by oh so quickly. We have considered a fourth week, but not quite yet. wink Can't wait for March.

Re: Day 6, 7 & 8 - 06/29/2021 02:02 PM

Gotcha Carol. Thank you!

Re: Day 6, 7 & 8 - 06/29/2021 02:04 PM

I love that everybody has increased their time to stay in SXM.
Posted By: beachy

Re: Day 6, 7 & 8 - 06/30/2021 04:34 AM

We stat for a month, but time goes by so fast, I would love to stay longer.
Posted By: pat

Re: Day 6, 7 & 8 - 06/30/2021 01:53 PM

The longest we’ve ever stayed in Sint Maarten was 2.5 weeks and believe it or not, that was enough for me. But that was a November/December trip and I still had a few left-over Christmas details to tend to. And on the other hand, my DH was ready to go home at the ten day mark. We agree about 95% of the time but this, I fear, is one thing we’ll never agree on. 🙂🙂

Re: Day 6, 7 & 8 - 06/30/2021 01:55 PM

beachy - that's awesome!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline