TravelTalkOnline

COVID Test for return to US-Dutch Side

Posted By: JBSTL

COVID Test for return to US-Dutch Side - 09/12/2021 10:09 AM

I have not seen much recently about testing to return to the US. Does anyone know the best place on the Dutch side to get a rapid test for US re-entry? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks
Posted By: mahokid

Re: COVID Test for return to US-Dutch Side - 09/12/2021 11:34 AM

We stayed at Royal Islander La Plage and for $55 we took the test in the outside courtyard of the La Terasse shopping plaza.
It was very organized, had results in an hour and hotel printed copies for us.
Maybe other hotels offer the same service
Our other option was the Belvue pharmacy in Marigot (easily accessed with a left a first circle once over bridge) for $46.
Airport testing was $110
Posted By: Susieville

Re: COVID Test for return to US-Dutch Side - 09/12/2021 12:26 PM

Are you allowed to take the cover the counter tests they sell in the US and just pack it
Posted By: kim

Re: COVID Test for return to US-Dutch Side - 09/12/2021 12:34 PM

No. Well kind of. If you buy the testing that you do over a zoom call then yes that works. I have used the tests by Veritas Genetics a few times now. You activate then it’s a zoom call. You have to make the appointment online
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: COVID Test for return to US-Dutch Side - 09/12/2021 12:46 PM

We went to Medwork in Simpson Bay, same building as Avantika, almost directly across from where Toppers USED to be. You can make an appointment 10 days or so in advance online. Cost is $70 per person. We made appointments for like 9:00 AM and had left the facility by 9:10. We went to Reveil Matin for breakfast, came back and picked up hard copies of the test results. They would email the results to you if you want, but we preferred to just go back and pick up hard copies. I would highly recommend them. We will be doing them again next month.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: COVID Test for return to US-Dutch Side - 09/12/2021 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
We went to Medwork in Simpson Bay, same building as Avantika, almost directly across from where Toppers USED to be. You can make an appointment 10 days or so in advance online. Cost is $70 per person. We made appointments for like 9:00 AM and had left the facility by 9:10. We went to Reveil Matin for breakfast, came back and picked up hard copies of the test results. They would email the results to you if you want, but we preferred to just go back and pick up hard copies. I would highly recommend them. We will be doing them again next month.

Exactly what we did in June, and will be doing again next month, so easy, great service
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: COVID Test for return to US-Dutch Side - 09/12/2021 11:44 PM

totally agree
Posted By: Kennys

Re: COVID Test for return to US-Dutch Side - 09/12/2021 11:49 PM

Well me and Wife is all set for our trip next week to Toronto via Charlotte.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: COVID Test for return to US-Dutch Side - 09/13/2021 10:41 AM

Hope this helps.
https://guru.isleblue.co/en/articles/4826308-st-martin-covid-testing-options
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: COVID Test for return to US-Dutch Side - 09/20/2021 02:08 AM

You can do that with the BinaxNow and Telemedicine.
Posted By: Sherrie

Re: COVID Test for return to US-Dutch Side - 09/21/2021 02:39 AM

Hi Carol! I value your opinion so thanks for posting this. I have been considering Medwork because of the ability to have an appointment. For Saturday travel and the $70 test, should we go on Thursday?

Re: COVID Test for return to US-Dutch Side - 09/21/2021 12:59 PM

You can certainly go on Thursday. Theoretically can go on Wednesday, but Thursday would give some wiggle room, in case there is some issue with your flight returning home.
Posted By: pat

Re: COVID Test for return to US-Dutch Side - 09/21/2021 01:55 PM

Sherrie,

We went the Medworks route in April and as already stated - very prompt, very efficient and no surprises. They saw us both on time and we picked up our hard copy within the time it took us to have breakfast and return to their office.

Happy travels……

Re: COVID Test for return to US-Dutch Side - 09/21/2021 11:17 PM

Yes, I agree with Thursday for the wiggle room. If staying on the French side can we be tested on the Dutch side? Does it matter? Also, I don't believe that there is any portal to upload results to on the return is there? Trying to get all my ducks in a row... lol

Re: COVID Test for return to US-Dutch Side - 09/21/2021 11:18 PM

Hi Pat! Thanks for your take on things. Sounds like the best option.

Re: COVID Test for return to US-Dutch Side - 09/21/2021 11:27 PM

Certainly you can get tested on the Dutch--or French side--for the return home. I don't recall that you have to upload the results to come home, just have to have them in hand when you check in for your flight.

Re: COVID Test for return to US-Dutch Side - 09/24/2021 02:22 AM

That's good to know! Thanks Carol!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline