TravelTalkOnline

ID NOW Questions

Posted By: moontide

ID NOW Questions - 10/10/2021 01:14 PM

I'm still confused regarding testing.

We leave for SXM from Boston Saturday,10/16/21. Can I take the ID NOW test 72 hours prior to my departure? For example, on Wednesday 10/13? Or does that particular test have to be taken only within the 48 hour window on Thursday, the 14th?

Is the ID NOW the same as the BinaxNOW mentioned in Jazzgal's post?

Thanks.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: ID NOW Questions - 10/10/2021 01:23 PM

The IDNOW test is a PCR test and you can take 72 hours before your flight that leaves to SXM. The BinaxNOW is a rapid AntiGen test and can be taken 48 hours before your flight to SXM.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: ID NOW Questions - 10/10/2021 01:37 PM

Yes, ID Now is treated as a PCR test, so it's 72 hours window. We did it at the end of September. Eric had his result within 2 hours. Mine didn't come until mid-morning the next day, but still in plenty of time. It's a good option if you are able to schedule a test timely. You might look online to see if you are able to schedule a test in your area, just to make sure.

Re: ID NOW Questions - 10/10/2021 04:51 PM

I apologize in advance for being so dense on this. So, if my flight departure is 8am on Saturday and I'm taking the PCR (ID NOW) test, does my appointment have to scheduled before 8am on Wednesday or is it anytime after 8am Wednesday, Thursday or Friday keeping in mind the timeliness of getting my test results?
Posted By: boucharda

Re: ID NOW Questions - 10/10/2021 05:25 PM

Anytime AFTER 8am Wednesday assuming it is a nonstop flight...that would be the safest ...but Thursday is OK also as a plan B

Re: ID NOW Questions - 10/10/2021 05:52 PM

OK. Got it. Thanks to all who have been so helpful. Will followup with how it went.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: ID NOW Questions - 10/10/2021 07:56 PM

No more than 72 hours before your last departure flight to SXM. Give your self some extra time incase of flight delays or cancellations.
Posted By: Jaybird

Re: ID NOW Questions - 10/11/2021 12:15 PM

We have our ID Now tests scheduled at Walgreens this Wednesday for a Friday departure. Since they get you the results back so quick we waited a extra day to allow for delays or cancellations.
Posted By: caeguy

Re: ID NOW Questions - 10/11/2021 02:28 PM

I didn't consider this.. my plan was a test on Thursday for a Sunday departure. So many contingency pans to consider.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: ID NOW Questions - 10/11/2021 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Jaybird
We have our ID Now tests scheduled at Walgreens this Wednesday for a Friday departure. Since they get you the results back so quick we waited a extra day to allow for delays or cancellations.

Good call.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline