TravelTalkOnline

Last few days

Posted By: Need island time

Last few days - 10/20/2021 01:08 AM

Let me start by saying, we are boring people. We like to laugh, drink, watch the waves, read, but we do the same thing every day! Today did start out different. I got up & fried French potatoes with onions & garlic southern style. Something about potatoes here are so good. I fried up a skillet for our Texas buddies and a skillet for us. After cleaning up pretty well, ( today was maid day here, we love our Maid & I try to make it easy for her.). we packed up & headed to Orient. Cloudy early but the clouds soon passed and the breeze picked up! ( it has been very hot with no breeze.). Spent the day laughing, talking, drinking, reading, & just passing a gorgeous SXM day. After a stop at the Chinese market for more vodka & water, we headed home for a much needed shower. Dinner was at Yvette’s & wonderful as usual. We had salt fish cake appetizers & I had crab salad while Ben had the stewed ribs. Our friends had creole snapper & conch salad & a crab back appetizer. All was wonderful! Best Johnny cakes, best plantains, wonderful rice & peas. They were not very busy. But it was a Tuesday night. Last night we went to Marks. Two of us had grouper with scalloped potatoes, Ben had Mahi-mahi with scalloped potatoes. Miss Carla had seafood salad. All was great! I will say again, the thing I forget when I am not on the island , I forget how very happy I am here!

Re: Last few days - 10/20/2021 01:10 AM

One more thing. Seeing no work at club O. The beach is really narrow & Cedric is working to make room to accommodate more people.( on Sunday people could not find chairs.). But as far as construction the best guess is. 2022.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Last few days - 10/20/2021 01:48 AM

Thank you for sharing, sounds absolutely wonderful. And don't worry, I'm even more boring as I don't drink, so you have that, and my friends get to laugh because I fall down often, who knows why.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Last few days - 10/20/2021 02:21 AM

Thats my kind of vacation. Those scalloped potatoes at Mark's are the best.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Last few days - 10/20/2021 03:09 PM

Thanks for the report. The 2022 estimation for start of construction at Club O is from Cedric?

Re: Last few days - 10/23/2021 09:10 PM

Yes Carol it was,
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Last few days - 10/23/2021 10:49 PM

thanks.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline