TravelTalkOnline

Indigo bay Beach/ Restaurant

Posted By: jollymonsrv

Indigo bay Beach/ Restaurant - 10/22/2021 12:12 PM

Good. Morning. Has anyone spent the day at Indigo Beach? If so how is it getting in and out of the water . Rocky deep slope? Wife recovering from fractured spine ( late July) and don’t want to set myself up for a bad experience. Thanks
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Indigo bay Beach/ Restaurant - 10/22/2021 12:30 PM

Depending on the tides, it can be rough!! There lunch is amazing!!!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Indigo bay Beach/ Restaurant - 10/22/2021 12:44 PM

Don't know anything about Indigo Beach, but if you're looking for a fabulous experience where you can walk right into the calm water, check out Anse Marcel Beach Club.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Indigo bay Beach/ Restaurant - 10/22/2021 01:29 PM

I haven't been there in a few years, but the time we were there the beach was very rocky. I heard that they had brought in some sand to improve that, but can't give firsthand knowledge about that. Friends have said it's a great place for lunch, but that the beach isn't all that spectacular.

Re: Indigo bay Beach/ Restaurant - 10/22/2021 01:45 PM

Thanks for quick reply’s. As always 👍. The pictures show a rocky shoreline. And the waves will be a problem. So it’s lunch only for a first time visit to that area .
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Indigo bay Beach/ Restaurant - 10/22/2021 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Don't know anything about Indigo Beach, but if you're looking for a fabulous experience where you can walk right into the calm water, check out Anse Marcel Beach Club.

X2 best combo of both activities on the entire island IMO
Posted By: indi

Re: Indigo bay Beach/ Restaurant - 10/22/2021 02:12 PM

Food is excellent and the view is great!

Re: Indigo bay Beach/ Restaurant - 10/22/2021 02:23 PM

Is this now Secrets? Stayed in anse marcel many times in dark hotel at marina. Agree on views and water. But that hill is a crappy ride. In and out.

Re: Indigo bay Beach/ Restaurant - 10/22/2021 02:24 PM

jollymon--Secrets is right there, but AMBC is separate from Secrets.

Re: Indigo bay Beach/ Restaurant - 10/22/2021 02:27 PM

Thanks. A definite destination then
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Indigo bay Beach/ Restaurant - 10/22/2021 05:49 PM

Secrets and AMBC are on opposite sides of the beach. Another thumbs up for AMBC; wonderful food, wonderful water, wonderful service. IF you make a reservation ahead of time. Don't show up without a reservation! But you will be glad you went if you go.
Posted By: pat

Re: Indigo bay Beach/ Restaurant - 10/22/2021 06:01 PM

Totally agree with everything Linda has stated. Some of our very best and most enjoyable island days of late have been spent there but I just wish it wasn't such a drive over their hill and down to their beach. It is what it is and worth the drive for the lovely days spent there.

Also, we found the best means of payment there for us is to use a CC that does NOT have a fee involved in converting to us dollars. We charge in whatever their daily EU charge is and our cc bank does the conversion.

Re: Indigo bay Beach/ Restaurant - 10/22/2021 06:33 PM

Ditto on the reservation required. If possible, make a reservation for lunch in a cabana. In high season, you may need 4 people to do that, but we have been able to reserve a cabana for only two people in low season.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Indigo bay Beach/ Restaurant - 10/22/2021 07:09 PM

They also have a new lunch menu now.
Posted By: fabila

Re: Indigo bay Beach/ Restaurant - 10/22/2021 07:44 PM

We dined there in March and loved the setting and food. There were several people on the beach. We noticed the restaurant provided beach service. There was also a masseuse on-site under a nice canvas tent. We plan on returning for lunch this trip.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Indigo bay Beach/ Restaurant - 10/22/2021 08:48 PM

I agree with the other post on AMBC, for upscale lunch and consistently the easiest beach to get in and out of the water that is the place to be. I suggest going early in your trip, considering the concerns you may be back several times.

I am trying to imagine with that type of surgery even driving around the island with all the pot holes, I hope you have a great trip and have a car with great shocks. You might want to ask around when you are there on other beaches and their surf conditions, changes day to day and not consistent from one beach to the next.

Cheers!
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Indigo bay Beach/ Restaurant - 10/22/2021 09:10 PM

You may want to check out the places at Grand Case. We've had no problem getting into the water there.
The food was excellent at LTC, next to The Rainbow, and the lounges are very comfortable.

We also love AMBC.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline