TravelTalkOnline

First time: We were asked to show our Pass Sanitaire

Posted By: AUCspouse

First time: We were asked to show our Pass Sanitaire - 10/24/2021 09:09 PM

After eating at plenty of restaurants on the French side during the past three weeks, today we were asked for the first time to show our Pass Sanitaire. The request came from the hostess at the Anse Marcel Beach restaurant. (The Pass Sanitaire is the French document or QR code showing that the bearer is either vaccinated or has had a recent negative Covid test result.)

I explained that we were American, and showed my CDC vaccination card, and she said that would work. I inquired when the Pass Sanitaire became officially required on the French side of Saint Martin, and she said, "Next Friday," but I think she meant "Last Friday."
Posted By: erb923

Re: First time: We were asked to show our Pass Sanitaire - 10/24/2021 09:31 PM

Had to use it in mainland France, as an American you need to get one from here
https://www.demarches-simplifiees.fr/commencer/passe-sanitaire-etrangers?locale=en
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: First time: We were asked to show our Pass Sanitaire - 10/24/2021 09:40 PM

glad they are checking and taking it seriously.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: First time: We were asked to show our Pass Sanitaire - 10/24/2021 11:00 PM

Technically it went into effect last Friday, but they gave a delayed effect until next Friday.

It will be interesting to see what they require on both sides of the island. I assume that they will accept the US vaccination card, but who knows?
Posted By: carlnsue

Re: First time: We were asked to show our Pass Sanitaire - 10/25/2021 03:28 AM

My wife and I applied for the passe sanitaire online almost 3 weeks ago and have gotten no response, just an “in progress” status. Anyone know how long it takes?
Posted By: erb923

Re: First time: We were asked to show our Pass Sanitaire - 10/25/2021 10:20 AM

I applied before my trip to France and nothing happened (like 2-3 weeks before trip), then re-applied when I arrived and was converted that night. Might try to resubmit the information again.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline