TravelTalkOnline

Delta flight still at PJIA?

Posted By: BillS

Delta flight still at PJIA? - 10/31/2021 02:27 PM

Looks like one of the Delta flights spent the night in SXM. Any one know if that was planned or a cancellation for some reason?
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Delta flight still at PJIA? - 10/31/2021 02:34 PM

I'm thinking cancelled. I saw another site where a lady's flight home was cancelled likely that one unless a plane didn't make it down.
Posted By: dvesc

Re: Delta flight still at PJIA? - 10/31/2021 03:49 PM

Delta 1886 to JFK scheduled at 2:10 was cancelled yesterday. It looks like the incoming flight from JFK earlier was 2.5 hours late and didn’t get to the gate at SXM until 3:08. I’m not sure if that’s why the return was cancelled, though.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Delta flight still at PJIA? - 10/31/2021 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by dvesc
Delta 1886 to JFK scheduled at 2:10 was cancelled yesterday. It looks like the incoming flight from JFK earlier was 2.5 hours late and didn’t get to the gate at SXM until 3:08. I’m not sure if that’s why the return was cancelled, though.

Crew probably didn't have enough work time to make the return flight
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Delta flight still at PJIA? - 10/31/2021 07:30 PM

This happened to us, in April of this year, with Delta.
We had to spend the night giving us 2 days of utter chaos at the airport!!

No one knew what was happening!! Supposedly mechanical.

That evening, We were told they would bring us across the island to a hotel we never heard of. We had to return the next day
when the airport opened and didn't find out until the last minute that they were putting us on the flight going out that day after 2PM.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Delta flight still at PJIA? - 10/31/2021 09:33 PM

Lots of airlines are taking their turn a canceled flights. AA canceled a bunch this weekend.
Posted By: ChiTownHarry

Re: Delta flight still at PJIA? - 11/01/2021 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
AA canceled a bunch this weekend.

Ours is one of them. Found out they cancelled our connecting flight to ORD after boarding our flight at SXM. Still sitting in MIA. AA customer service is a joke. Wanting 4 hours for a call back.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Delta flight still at PJIA? - 11/01/2021 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by ChiTownHarry
Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
AA canceled a bunch this weekend.

Ours is one of them. Found out they cancelled our connecting flight to ORD after boarding our flight at SXM. Still sitting in MIA. AA customer service is a joke. Wanting 4 hours for a call back.

Can you not rebook online? No way I'd be waiting that long for a call back!!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Delta flight still at PJIA? - 11/01/2021 03:49 PM

Yes, I would try to re-book online also, although that may not work, due to the volume of cancelled flights.
Posted By: Tonythepilot

Re: Delta flight still at PJIA? - 11/03/2021 10:49 AM

We were on that flight coming down from JFK. Flight was delayed because of weather off the coast on the departure route. Crew was supposed to turn around and go back but exceeded their duty day, hence the cancellation. Airlines used to put an extra pilot on to let them fly a longer day, but I guess Delta is not doing that now.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Delta flight still at PJIA? - 11/03/2021 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by The_Lurker

That evening, We were told they would bring us across the island to a hotel we never heard of. We had to return the next day
when the airport opened and didn't find out until the last minute that they were putting us on the flight going out that day after 2PM.

Terry, do you know what hotel they put you at? Was it 'ok'?
Posted By: ChiTownHarry

Re: Delta flight still at PJIA? - 11/03/2021 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by ChiTownHarry

On Sunday evening AA had at least 4 rebook centers each with at least 350 people in line. We were told the cancelled flight was due to no crew. AA first rescheduled us for a flight to Tampa on Monday (Nov 1) late evening and then early in the morning on Tuesday from Tampa to Chicago. No vouchers, no nothing. Then we called again on Monday morning and they rescheduled us for the same flight that was cancelled the day before, #513.

At about 6 pm, we received a message on the AA app that our flight was again cancelled. This time they rescheduled for a flight in the next morning, going from MIA to PHI and then PHI to Chicago. We did receive a hotel voucher for that evening plus meal vouchers.

Understand, MIA is a AA hub and as is Chicago ORD, the world’s second busiest airport. Finally made it back home yesterday. What a nightmare.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Delta flight still at PJIA? - 11/03/2021 10:50 PM

All airlines will do everything in their power to assign weather as the cause of flight delays and cancellations, because they don't have to compensate you in that event. Our experience has been that the hotel and meal vouchers are pretty much worthless anyway. The last time we were stuck in Miami, the hotel we were taken to was something I would never stay in if I had a choice, and while we were stuck there for three nights, we paid for the second and third nights so that we could stay in a decent place. Meal vouchers are only good at airport restaurants. We did have a better experience being stuck in San Francisco, as the hotel was decent, but the food vouchers are still worthless.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Delta flight still at PJIA? - 11/04/2021 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by BeachKitten

Never heard of it. We didn't go.
Originally Posted by BeachKitten

Never heard of it. We didn't go.
Sorry I don't remember the name.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline