TravelTalkOnline

Take Out Meals

Posted By: StMartinFan

Take Out Meals - 11/09/2021 04:13 PM

Any suggestions for restaurants on the Dutch side that do a good job with take out meals? We always get a “to go” dinner from Mark's our first night after we buy groceries, so know how good those are. But we're anticipating wanting to get more take out this trip, since our 1 year old granddaughter will be along. Dining out at all the great SXM restaurants is one of our favorite parts of a trip, but a restaurant meal with a toddler isn't relaxing for us or the neighboring diners! Our experience during COVID has shown us that some of our local restaurants are much better than others at how they pack to do orders. We're staying at Divi.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/09/2021 04:19 PM

My first suggestion was going to be Mark's! smile How about Pineapple Pete? They have always done a huge to-go business. And not to commit sacrilege and suggest fast food, but KFC sure does make some great chicken! smile Either get sides there at KFC or at the grocery.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/09/2021 04:33 PM

If you like KFC you're going to love Polos Hermanos! In Simpson Bay and Philipsburg.

Just about everyone is doing take out these days!

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/09/2021 04:50 PM

Elaine--guess I will have to remember to check that out next time.
Posted By: pat

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/09/2021 05:07 PM

As far as I can tell, almost all the places in Jordan Village but particularly so - the Spaghetti House - do a huge take-out business. They must have done at least ten to twelve take-put orders while we were eating. If you like Italian it’s very good and very reasonable, too.

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/09/2021 05:28 PM

I don't know anything about the Spaghetti House in general, but that is a bit of a hike from Divi--athough most everything is a bit of a hike from Divi, I guess.. smile
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/09/2021 05:33 PM

Memory escapes me. Where is the Spaghetti house.

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/09/2021 05:36 PM

Jordan Village at Cupecoy.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/09/2021 05:43 PM

Thanks.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/09/2021 05:45 PM

Both The Palms and Lal's do an excellent job with takeout.

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/09/2021 10:11 PM

We consider the Simpson Bay area and anything in Philipsburg a pretty quick drive from Divi and love The Palms, so glad to hear they do take out well. We've never tried Polos Hermanos but saw they had opened a location in Philipsburg so that would be easy, too. Jordon Village is probably a little far for bringing take out back. Pineapple Pete's isn't one of our favorites but we could probably find something for take out.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/10/2021 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by StMartinFan
We consider the Simpson Bay area and anything in Philipsburg a pretty quick drive from Divi and love The Palms, so glad to hear they do take out well. We've never tried Polos Hermanos but saw they had opened a location in Philipsburg so that would be easy, too. Jordon Village is probably a little far for bringing take out back. Pineapple Pete's isn't one of our favorites but we could probably find something for take out.

To be fair, and completely honest, I've never done takeout from The Palms, other than a doggie bag when I couldn't finish my ribs. However, I do see many people picking up carryout from there while we're dining, so I assume they do it well. Same with Lal. We always dine in at both places, because we like the ambiance and the owners.
Posted By: moontide

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/10/2021 03:11 AM

I have stayed at The Atrium and had very good take out from the Greenhouse on many nights.
Posted By: the captain

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/19/2021 12:58 AM

Where is Marks?
Posted By: pat

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/19/2021 02:18 AM

It’s in the parking lot by Carrefour Market at the roundabout on the way to P’Berg.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/19/2021 02:26 AM

Shiv Shakti opposite Atrium Hotel.
Very good Tandoori Chicken and fresh Mutton Curry from Saba .
Posted By: EdB

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/22/2021 05:39 AM

As mentioned ...you usually get takeout from Mark's place. With Mark's great menu, and staying at Divi, you probably can't get a better meal for takeout than Mark's. I could probably eat there every day for a month, and still not get the same entre twice. smile I may be wrong, but from personal observation, i doubt anyone else does or even can cmpete with the amount of takeout that Mark's puts out. A constant stream of locals and tourists alike constantly picking up orders. We were forced into takeout at the beginning of the epidemic. We did take out from Mark's, Toppers, and Captain's ribs. All takeout orders were great, but not quite as good as actually eating there.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/22/2021 01:54 PM

If you are staying at Divi try the beach restaurant next door at Belair. Some night they have prime rib special , all you can eat ribs and other nites other specials

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/22/2021 03:29 PM

Thanks for everyone's ideas. As always, our meals from Mark's were great, and we had enough leftovers for a couple of lunches, too! We carried out pizzas from Gizmos at Divi, which were edible but not great. Otherwise, we ended up managing to eat dinners out at several places where we could sit outside and made early reservations, when places were quieter. We also took turns taking her for a walk nearby while we were waiting for meals to arrive to keep her entertained—another advantage of all the outdoor seating. Not the long, relaxed dinners we usually love, but we managed without any meltdowns or annoying other diners.

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/22/2021 04:53 PM

Thanks for reporting on how it came out. Sounds like it was successful overall.
Posted By: the captain

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/23/2021 02:34 AM

Ah yes! Thanks for reminding me. Just looked it up on the maps
Posted By: SXMNorm

Re: Take Out Meals - 11/24/2021 08:52 PM

We've enjoyed the ribs(dry rub, but with sauce available) from the Captain's Rib(think that's the name) in the middle of Simpson Bay kind of across from Skipjacks. Kind of like one of the Grand Case lolos.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline