TravelTalkOnline

Quality Mexican Food

Posted By: Todd

Quality Mexican Food - 11/24/2021 01:25 AM

We were introduced to Jasmine while at another favorite restaurant and she has a small place in Jordan Village that does Tacos and other Mexican items like burritos. More of a to go place but there is a picnic table and another in the area. We happened to arrive on Taco Tuesday with $2 tacos, but also watched some burritos being made that looked fantastic. Margaritas were $6 and very good, and while I always enjoyed Taco Macho, this was better. This is a "it would make it on Southern California" good. That hasn't existed on SXM. All I hope is they get a following and get to find a larger place. We will be back, often. Cheers from St Maarten!

In the photo, 3 tacos, normally about $3 each but $2 on Tuesday. Second photo is there sign out front. Tip big, especially on Tuesdays!

Attached picture 20211123_200822.jpg
Attached picture 20211123_195249.jpg
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Quality Mexican Food - 11/24/2021 01:43 AM

We had excellent true Mexican food at La Patrona. Ate there 4 times in 4 weeks.
Posted By: kim

Re: Quality Mexican Food - 11/24/2021 04:40 AM

Yes, Jasmin is married( or to to married) to Kyle Wathey. Norman (Emilios) son. Great place!!!!! They had a food truck of the same name and opened the permanent location. Had great talks with Kyle at the bar at the airport. Hope the best for them!
Posted By: wendyk

Re: Quality Mexican Food - 11/24/2021 11:43 AM

Great to know - thanks, Todd!

Re: Quality Mexican Food - 11/24/2021 12:44 PM

I couldn't remember Kyle's name when writing original post, really good hard working guy. Didn't know that they were married, had limited time to talk. They are on the right track, one step at a time, quality from food to owners. Jasmine is California raised, the influence on the food shows.

La Patrona is good, but at a different scale including pricing. But La Chincona is better in my opinion, not at all as upscale but fresh and authentic and you can feel the pride and love put into it.

I encourage people to give it a try, certainly won't break the bank. I think they open at 4pm.
Posted By: MotownTim

Re: Quality Mexican Food - 11/24/2021 01:06 PM

Jorden Village has become a great place for good, reasonably priced restaurants. It’s got a nice relaxed vibe with all the med students walking around.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Quality Mexican Food - 11/24/2021 01:30 PM

Good to know--we love Jordan Village.

We didn't notice it last week, but think it use to be a coffee place years ago..?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Quality Mexican Food - 11/24/2021 01:43 PM

thanks for the note. I love a good taco!!
Posted By: IslandBoi

Re: Quality Mexican Food - 11/24/2021 03:57 PM

Chingona….the female version of chingon…from the verb chingar…lol blush
Posted By: Warden

Re: Quality Mexican Food - 11/24/2021 05:50 PM

We just got home from three weeks in Jordon Village, lunch several times at the Natural Food and while we saw this new spot never saw it open or any hours posted. Thanks we will check it out in Jan.

Re: Quality Mexican Food - 11/28/2021 01:55 AM

Just went back tonight, I had a Carnitas Burrito, MJ had a Quesadilla. Both, fantastic. This will become a regular spot for us. Cheers!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Quality Mexican Food - 11/28/2021 02:15 AM

No Turkey left overs tonight.😜
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline