TravelTalkOnline

Covid test at airport?

Posted By: Angelface

Covid test at airport? - 12/03/2021 12:16 AM

Hi all. Here for a quick trip to see the parentals and leave on Monday. Is the airport still doing rapid antigen tests? That would probably be easier than my other options on the French side.

Thanks!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Covid test at airport? - 12/03/2021 12:18 AM

They are, but tests at the airport are WAAY more expensive than other places on the Dutch side. I think it's like $125 a person or similar? Suggest you contact MedWorks to make an appointment for a test there. Easy, on time, clean, professional. Highly recommended.
Posted By: WCHam

Re: Covid test at airport? - 12/03/2021 12:51 PM

Bio Pole in Hope Estates does a test for around 88Euros with the test in the morning, and results (emailed) in around 5 hours. Must make an appointment, not just show up.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Covid test at airport? - 12/03/2021 12:58 PM

Do these places test on Sundays?
Posted By: lhbsurf

Re: Covid test at airport? - 12/03/2021 01:05 PM

We are on island now and are unable to find anywhere that tests on Sundays, except the airport.... on the Dutch side.

Re: Covid test at airport? - 12/03/2021 01:46 PM

As of TODAY, unless you're unvaccinated, the rule is 3 days before, not 1 day. My thought is that once the US goes to 1 day, I think at least some of the Dutch side places will start doing testing on Sunday.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Covid test at airport? - 12/03/2021 01:48 PM

That makes sense....and I guess we will find out soon because flights this Monday are subject to the new requirement

Re: Covid test at airport? - 12/03/2021 05:57 PM

Right. I’m thinking the airport testing is going to be really busy on Monday if none of these places are open!

Re: Covid test at airport? - 12/03/2021 06:11 PM

Angelface--are you going home this Monday?? BTW, I haven't heard back from Medwork yet. I sent them an email and asked about this situation. Perhaps they didn't even know about it yet??

Re: Covid test at airport? - 12/03/2021 10:23 PM

Yeah, this Monday. World’s fastest trip - I didn’t even pack a bathing suit frown
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Covid test at airport? - 12/04/2021 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Angelface--are you going home this Monday?? BTW, I haven't heard back from Medwork yet. I sent them an email and asked about this situation. Perhaps they didn't even know about it yet??

They know about it. We leave on Friday and had appointments for testing on Wednesday. I sent them an email and they changed our appointments to Thursday.

Re: Covid test at airport? - 12/04/2021 01:26 PM

I have not gotten a response to my email yet, so maybe they are trying to decide what to do, whether to offer testing on Sunday or not..
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Covid test at airport? - 12/04/2021 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill

They know about it. They sent an email to everyone on their schedule to let them know you might need to change your appointment.

Angelface, if you're flying Monday afternoon, you can get your test at medworks on Monday morning.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Covid test at airport? - 12/04/2021 08:40 PM

Just adds more stress to get tested on flight day.

Re: Covid test at airport? - 12/06/2021 09:55 PM

Just to close the loop here, I got a rapid antigen test this morning at around 8:30. I went to a testing site in Marigot by the Catholic church. There were two people ahead of me and I was in and out in 20 minutes (with results in hand) with the most gentle brain tickle test yet. Currently on my flight home frown

Re: Covid test at airport? - 12/06/2021 10:17 PM

OK, glad to hear it worked out OK.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline