TravelTalkOnline

Vax card hack

Posted By: Bluesfan

Vax card hack - 01/19/2022 10:19 PM

Make a same size copy of vax card. Tape it to one of the note pages at the back of your passport.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Vax card hack - 01/19/2022 10:33 PM

I'm actually not at all sure you should do that. NO, h*ll no. Do not alter your passport. If you want to put the copy folded inside the passport, fine, for safekeeping. Do not alter the passport.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Vax card hack - 01/19/2022 10:41 PM

NOT a smart idea at all.

Re: Vax card hack - 01/19/2022 11:19 PM

You are not altering it. Back pages are for "notes" Blank pages. . 2 pieces of tape can eas9ily be removed.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Vax card hack - 01/19/2022 11:31 PM

Why not just get a Passport and Vaccine Card Holder Combo for $3.79 from Amazon and have an easy solution. Or, go to your local Walmart or Target and they also offer similar Solutions. The link below will take you directly to the one at Amazon, one of many I'm sure.

If you in some way damage the RFID chip or antenna, which is in the rear cover, than you make your passport invalid. That tape could snag on something else and possibly create real headaches.

Passport and Vaccine Holder on Amazon

Description: Passport Holder
Attached picture 71W6nVELXqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Vax card hack - 01/20/2022 01:00 AM

Up to you, but I think it's a really bad idea. Do NOT attach anything to your passport.
Posted By: jollymonsrv

Re: Vax card hack - 01/20/2022 01:48 AM

Agree. Attach Nothing
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Vax card hack - 01/20/2022 03:18 AM

Not necessary to attach it. Just put it with or in your passport. Easy peasy.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Vax card hack - 01/20/2022 12:06 PM

Yup...quality plastic holder kept inside passport...copy on phone
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Vax card hack - 01/20/2022 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bluesfan
You are not altering it. Back pages are for "notes" Blank pages. . 2 pieces of tape can eas9ily be removed.

I found this:

A damaged passport is invalid and cannot be used for international travel.

How do I know if my passport is damaged?

According to the US government, a passport is considered damaged and may not be used if “The passport has been materially changed in physical appearance or composition, or contains a damaged, defective or otherwise nonfunctioning chip, or includes unauthorized changes, obliterations, entries or photographs, or has observable wear or tear that renders it unfit for use as a travel document, and the Department either takes possession of the passport or sends a written notice to the bearer.”

You can do what you want but I would not chance a "hack" with ANY government issued document or property as it is pretty much NOT allowed.

Kind of like another poster suggesting to falsify the EHAS form, it could come back to haunt you in a big way. It is your choice but not something I would be promoting nor is it something that should be promoted here.

Re: Vax card hack - 01/20/2022 03:03 PM

Never thought to0 look for combo holder. Thanks bdeely.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Vax card hack - 01/20/2022 03:10 PM

We got an "ID Badge" holder at Staples into which the Vax card fits perfectly. This also has a small cutout to add a clip or a lanyard. They sell two types: one vertical and the other horizontal. And we placed a photo on our phone.
Posted By: jenniboston

Re: Vax card hack - 01/20/2022 04:25 PM

Publix put the stickers on mine weirdly, so even before the booster you have to flip the card over to see all the dates. But that passport holder works pretty well to keep everything together, but I find I do have to take the passport out so it can be stuck into the security scanner.

Re: Vax card hack - 01/20/2022 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by jenniboston
Publix put the stickers on mine weirdly, so even before the booster you have to flip the card over to see all the dates. But that passport holder works pretty well to keep everything together, but I find I do have to take the passport out so it can be stuck into the security scanner.

You say card has to be flipped over to see ALL the dates? So when filling out EHAS form you'll have to attach 2 pages?

Re: Vax card hack - 01/20/2022 07:59 PM

[/quote] You say card has to be flipped over to see ALL the dates? So when filling out EHAS form you'll have to attach 2 pages?
[/quote]

Yup...Publix filled the front of ours with two stickers...booster is written on the back. Printed both combined as one pic as PDF and attached
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Vax card hack - 01/20/2022 08:05 PM

We have two certificates. First two shots done here on the island where we live and booster in the US. We just put one below the other and scanned to 1 document.

Re: Vax card hack - 01/21/2022 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by BillandElaine
We have two certificates. First two shots done here on the island where we live and booster in the US. We just put one below the other and scanned to 1 document.

Thanks for this info. I'm so technology deficient that one page made me cringe let alone two but your info makes sense. Now I have to figure out the scan and rest of the procedure.

Re: Vax card hack - 01/21/2022 08:10 PM

You can either scan or take a pic of the cards...then print but instead of choosing your printer choose "print to PDF" from the list and save to your desktop or wherever...attach that file

Re: Vax card hack - 01/21/2022 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by boucharda
You can either scan or take a pic of the cards...then print but instead of choosing your printer choose "print to PDF" from the list and save to your desktop or wherever...attach that file

Thank you
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline