TravelTalkOnline

Flight delays

Posted By: Mikel

Flight delays - 01/31/2022 08:49 PM

I don't see anything on the EHAS website that addresses what to do if you have your arrival test, get preapproved and then your flight gets delayed a day or two for a snowstorm. Will the original preapproval suffice even though the test would be more than the required 24/48 hours from departure or do you need to test again and resubmit?
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Flight delays - 01/31/2022 09:22 PM

For the return to the USA there is a one day wiggle room built in. (we needed it) for a cancelled flight. I would ASSUME it is the same going to SXM

Edit: I should add that they never checked out test on the next day return flight.....
Posted By: Mikel

Re: Flight delays - 02/01/2022 01:01 AM

Thanks. I know the CDC allows an additional 24 hours for delays beyond your control on the return to the USA but I figured someone who recently had a flight delay on the arrival end might be able to chime in. We have friends coming Friday and there is a storm forecast for our area from Wednesday until Friday. They have a 5 year old who is vaccinated but can't yet get a booster so therefore has to test.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Flight delays - 02/01/2022 02:05 AM

I read on a Facebook post the flight that was delayed going to SXM a full day still were honored the prior approval.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline