TravelTalkOnline

Question on EHAS

Posted By: murphycpcu

Question on EHAS - 02/03/2022 01:32 PM

We were supposed to arrive Friday and the EHAS was done on Tuesday. We are fully vaccinated. Now we are re-booked due to the storm and arrive on Saturday. Do we need to do anything? Our transfer is now through Charlotte instead of Miami.

??
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Question on EHAS - 02/03/2022 02:03 PM

I would think you would need to re-do the authorization regardless, but especially since your point of entry from the US is now Charlotte. The only question would be having to pay again for the insurance and then getting your money back from the prior authorization. I would try to email them and see if you can get an answer directly from them.
Posted By: Mikel

Re: Question on EHAS - 02/03/2022 02:48 PM

We had someone last week whose preapproval showed her name incorrectly and did not notice it until the night before. She emailed EHAS late at night and was told just to resubmit. Within a couple of days, the second $15 was automatically refunded.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Question on EHAS - 02/03/2022 03:07 PM

I would reapply. Also, when my husband's approval came without flight information, I reapplied for him, and when I got to the insurance section, it stated that I had already purchased that and did not charge me.
Posted By: murphycpcu

Re: Question on EHAS - 02/03/2022 08:24 PM

They replied “ no problem”. Just present the form previously approved.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Question on EHAS - 02/03/2022 10:30 PM

Ok, good for you!
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Question on EHAS - 02/03/2022 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by murphycpcu

That may be the case for SXM, but the airlines may look at it differently, new date and new departure airport. AA have been know to do some strange things
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Question on EHAS - 02/04/2022 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Uksimonusa
Originally Posted by murphycpcu

That may be the case for SXM, but the airlines may look at it differently, new date and new departure airport. AA have been know to do some strange things

Agreed. I'd be sure to have that email available to show to the airline personnel in the event they question it.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline